• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Ladies and gentlemen, Mike Gravel is back.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...kely-democratic-presidential-campaign/586837/

t’s hard to pick the strangest thing about Mike Gravel’s campaign for president.

Is it the candidate’s 88 years of age? His blunt critique of American foreign policy? Or the fact that he refuses to travel anywhere to sell his candidacy?

Perhaps it’s that the former senator from Alaska’s campaign manager is a 17-year-old finishing his senior year of high school. Or that the stated goal of the Gravel fundraising apparatus is to raise as little money as possible.

Didn’t realize that was the Illinois District with an openly white supremacist GOP candidate.

well, we're all anxious to check out Trumps' returns so we can measure ourselves against how much Trump gives

it's funny to me that a coworker is talking about going to see Bernie in Spartanburg when as soon as the primary is over Bernie will give fuck all about that state

Our election system is messed up. SC is an enormous primary state because it’s early in the schedule and has a large number of black Democrats so it’s considered a marker of how well candidates will do in the very important Southern primaries. But because of the electoral college, there’s no reason for candidates to go back to SC and most Southern states.

If we just had the primary vote, candidates would get votes anywhere they could.

well, we're all anxious to check out Trumps' returns so we can measure ourselves against how much Trump gives

The question is though, does Beto have a foundation that he uses to buy paintings of himself, auctioned off by himself, that doesn't actually contribute to charities. Thats what the people want to know.

Our election system is messed up. SC is an enormous primary state because it’s early in the schedule and has a large number of black Democrats so it’s considered a marker of how well candidates will do in the very important Southern primaries. But because of the electoral college, there’s no reason for candidates to go back to SC and most Southern states.

If we just had the primary vote, candidates would get votes anywhere they could.

Of course you realize that when there's a Democrat incumbent the SC primary is important for different reasons.

Serious question here: do you guys make sure you save receipts and get write off for all of your charitable donations? I definitely don't -- probably get them for a little less than half (because I'm lazy with that stuff or lose them or don't get them all together in time), but I was wondering if that is common.

Seems like pretty good evidence to me that we shouldn't rely on private charitable giving to subsidize necessary programs.

Homophobic hecklers are now following Mayor Pete in Iowa. So far, he has handled it beautifully. These hate-filled non-Christians are strengthening his support.

Serious question here: do you guys make sure you save receipts and get write off for all of your charitable donations? I definitely don't -- probably get them for a little less than half (because I'm lazy with that stuff or lose them or don't get them all together in time), but I was wondering if that is common.

Yeah, but the main ones come from organizations at the end of the year. Don't worry too much about dropping stuff off at Goodwill.

Back