• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I wish Hickenlooper would run for Senate; pretty sure he'd blow Cory Gardner out of the water. CO really needs to flip Gardners seat next year.

He apparently has no desire to serve in the senate. Can't say as I blame any person who doesn't want to run for congress.

If he wants to be President, running for Senate isn’t going to help.

if he cares about residents of colorado, the balance of power in the United States, and public service, though, running for Senate would help a great deal

Yep.

Kamala/Mayor Pete is looking like it could happen. Kamala will have to be competitive in Iowa, NH and SC before winning the West Coast.

57674180_10161543929100277_3734880530986958848_n.jpg

Well when you put it that way

Pete is going to be on Seth Meyers tonight.

Kamala/Mayor Pete is looking like it could happen. Kamala will have to be competitive in Iowa, NH and SC before winning the West Coast.

Bruh I think you're gonna have to switch that ticket. My man Pete has surged well past her recent polls. Plus the last thing Dems need right now is a presidential candidate from an "elitist" blue state.

Bruh I think you're gonna have to switch that ticket. My man Pete has surged well past her recent polls. Plus the last thing Dems need right now is a presidential candidate from an "elitist" blue state.

Pretty much.

And I feel like so many Democrats are missing a simple fact that should be completely obvious to anybody who knows basic history.

People do not want to vote for a member of Congress for President.

The only two members of Congress to become President in my lifetime were HW and Obama.

HW was in Congress for only four years. Then was UN Ambassador and head of the CIA and Republican primary runner up before he was VP.

Obama was a Senator for a few months before he declared his candidacy. Then he beat six more experienced senators (Gravel, Dodd, Biden, Edwards, Hillary, McCain) to become President.

Senators just don’t win so I don’t know why people especially Democrats keep trying to force it.

The best thing that can happen for Democrats is for being mayor to be a legitimate path to the Presidency. That would greatly expand the pool to satisfy voters who tend to want someone with demonstrated competency yet who is new.

If this happens with either on top, I want the Xanax, Zoloft and Valium concessions in the south and Midwest. I doubt they will be able to produce enough of the RX if it happens.

But she won't take VP with him.

One more point. If Kamala isn’t President or VP of a brokered ticket, she’s probably the AG pick of the next Dem President.

One more point. If Kamala isn’t President or VP of a brokered ticket, she’s probably the AG pick of the next Dem President.

AG Harris would be MHB’s worst nightmare

Yeah. I think there will be pressure on the President to find cabinet positions for candidates who want them. Kamala just doesn't seem like someone who would be happy spending 20+ years in the Senate. Wouldn't be surprised if Gilibrand ended up in the cabinet either.

Back