• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Agree that the AL Senate seat is likely a lost cause for Dems, but Roy Moore has yet to announce his intentions, and polls show he would get the Republican nomination if he decided to run again. If Moore runs as the Pub nominee, Jones would have a chance to beat him again. Moore is just creepy, even for Bama.

Tillis isn't going to cruise regardless of who runs against him. NC is becoming more like VA every year. People moving into high dem areas and moving from high Pub areas. Last poll I saw had him trailing the generic dem candidate by 4 points.

Tillis isn't going to cruise regardless of who runs against him. NC is becoming more like VA every year. People moving into high dem areas and moving from high Pub areas. Last poll I saw had him trailing the generic dem candidate by 4 points.

My trump loving parents don’t like Tillis because he besmirched trump in his comments to their fellow volunteers when he visited their local campaign headquarters. You can’t upset the cult.

The Dems out there who hated Hillary and didn't vote for her can fuck off too. Hope you're enjoying Donald.

Agree that the AL Senate seat is likely a lost cause for Dems, but Roy Moore has yet to announce his intentions, and polls show he would get the Republican nomination if he decided to run again. If Moore runs as the Pub nominee, Jones would have a chance to beat him again. Moore is just creepy, even for Bama.

Disagree, Moore would have won in an regular election cycle. It was a special election on a Tuesday in December and Moore, a probably pedophile, only lost by 20k.

Jones would make a great AG for what ever Dem wins the Whitehouse. He'd restore dignity to the DOJ.

ETA: Jones might also make a good running mate...the African American vote came out enforce for him in Alabama in 2017 and he has based a significant about of his political identity on prosecuting the Birmingham black-church bomber decades after the crime was committed. That could play well in Georgia and NC.

Last edited:
The Dems out there who hated Hillary and didn't vote for her can fuck off too. Hope you're enjoying Donald.

It's a big IF, but if four years of Trump is what is takes to move the Democratic Party back towards progressiveness, and away from the neo-con and Wall Street owned middle, then it will be worth it.

If not, then the country's doomed regardless and we may as well start killing and looting.

Jones would make a great AG for what ever Dem wins the Whitehouse. He'd restore dignity to the DOJ.

ETA: Jones might also make a good running mate...the African American vote came out enforce for him in Alabama in 2017 and he has based a significant about of his political identity on prosecuting the Birmingham black-church bomber decades after the crime was committed. That could play well in Georgia and NC.

He’d be a good VP or AG, but it’s not worth it for the Dems to just throw away that Senate seat unless it’s absolutely certain that he can’t win. If Moore is on the ballot, it’s still fair game for Jones. Dems need every Senate seat they can get.

It's a big IF, but if four years of Trump is what is takes to move the Democratic Party back towards progressiveness, and away from the neo-con and Wall Street owned middle, then it will be worth it.

If not, then the country's doomed regardless and we may as well start killing and looting.

2zfvr6.jpg

Biden centering Charlottesville in his launch video is an... interesting move.

Welp, getting twitter ads featuring a pic of Biden with Obama.

Hillary lost because she fucked up Wisconsin, the electoral college is stupid, she had been dragged through the mud unfairly by conservatives for decades, she's a woman, and rubes. There are a lot of reasons. I assume you still voted for her?

I did vote for her. It has to be the first time in history that I had to hold my nose to vote for a Dem. Usually its the other way around.

Disagree, Moore would have won in an regular election cycle. It was a special election on a Tuesday in December and Moore, a probably pedophile, only lost by 20k.

Agree, and I don't think Moore will even be the nominee. 538 had a piece on this last week. He's well known and polling better than the others now, however once it really gets down to him v. 1 other Pub as the field winnows down, it's unlikely he'd be the eventual nominee. Also agree Jones might make a good AG. I had been thinking Harris, but if she's someone's veep, Jones would merit serious consideration.

Chris, I don't follow NC politics that closely, but I thought I'd read that Roy Cooper had ruled out a senate run. I'd guess he'd have had the best chance to knock off Tillis. Anyone down in NC know who the Dems are going to run? I realize NC is trending blue but doesn't seem quite there yet, and Trump will bring out the rubes en masse. Cook and Sabato have NC as leaning Pub, fwiw.

Agree, and I don't think Moore will even be the nominee. 538 had a piece on this last week. He's well known and polling better than the others now, however once it really gets down to him v. 1 other Pub as the field winnows down, it's unlikely he'd be the eventual nominee. Also agree Jones might make a good AG. I had been thinking Harris, but if she's someone's veep, Jones would merit serious consideration.

Chris, I don't follow NC politics that closely, but I thought I'd read that Roy Cooper had ruled out a senate run. I'd guess he'd have had the best chance to knock off Tillis. Anyone down in NC know who the Dems are going to run? I realize NC is trending blue but doesn't seem quite there yet, and Trump will bring out the rubes en masse. Cook and Sabato have NC as leaning Pub, fwiw.

Cooper is a first term governor. Why would he run for Senate?

He’d be a good VP or AG, but it’s not worth it for the Dems to just throw away that Senate seat unless it’s absolutely certain that he can’t win. If Moore is on the ballot, it’s still fair game for Jones. Dems need every Senate seat they can get.

True, he should run for Senate in AL. AG wouldn't be selected until after the election, and VP won't be selected until July, when we will have a pretty clear picture of who hi opponent is and therefore Jones' chances.

Back