• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

No. It’s comparable to describing an old Jewish man rich but cheap.

The whole idea that you have to be poor to be concerned about inequality is so simple minded that it’s hard to take you seriously.

No. It’s comparable to describing an old Jewish man rich but cheap.

The whole idea that you have to be poor to be concerned about inequality is so simple minded that it’s hard to take you seriously.

Well, we all can't be as astute as you are, but it's been something that has commonly come up about Sanders, the irony of getting rich on demogoguing wealth. Sanders was quite defensive in his responses as well.

Maybe I’m dumb, but I thought strick’s whole point was selective outrage? Omar vs Politico, one is definitely anti-Semitic and one is maybe not?

Yes, that was my point. When there is actual anti-semitism board concern trolls either dismiss it or stay silent.

I don’t know, Chris. Some of y’all claimed that mere discussion of the Israel lobby was anti-Semitic.

Alluding to a jew’s money trees and miserliness (cheap, but not poor) as a reason he’s a hypocrite to want to help the poor certainly is anti-Semitic. There’s only one Jew in this pool, Chris. Do the fucking math.

Norms sure have taken a nose dive in the last five years.
Politico should be watch their language. However calling someone cheap is in no way comparable to saying Israel hypnotizes the world, which is fucking blatant coded language.

Politico should be watch their language. However calling someone cheap is in no way comparable to saying Israel hypnotizes the world, which is fucking blatant coded language.

Can’t wait to see you defend the next POLITICO headline. “Where Does Bernie Sanders Hide His Gold?”

It's going to be fucking awesome when the Dems nominate Joe Biden and then sometime in September or October of 2020 Trump blames the entirety of the fabricated campaign spygate on Obama's vice president, has him arrested and then uses emergency powers to cancel the election.

I’m getting rep from folks upset about my posts, but none of them are willing to publicly call out anti-semitism when it’s not politically expedient for them to do so. That’s pretty damn disappointing.

I’ll stop because my point has been proven, but in the future, OGBoards posters, quit pretending to give a shit about calling out anti-semitism in American politics and pretending to give a shit about Jews and the shit that we get in society. Thanks.

I’m getting rep from folks upset about my posts, but none of them are willing to publicly call out anti-semitism when it’s not politically expedient for them to do so. That’s pretty damn disappointing.

I’ll stop because my point has been proven, but in the future, OGBoards posters, quit pretending to give a shit about calling out anti-semitism in American politics and pretending to give a shit about Jews and the shit that we get in society. Thanks.
The irony here is outrageous.

They should watch their language BUT WHATABOUT OMAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly PH, Anti-semitism should be called out regardless of who is doing it, whether it’s Omar or Politico. It’s exactly like what Strick said but minus the total lack of self awareness and hypocrisy.

Tribalism is so strong here.

The irony here is outrageous.

you mean like that time you were offended by the racist tags and I ignored our political differences and immediately denounced them? like that? or are you referring to something else?

Exactly PH, Anti-semitism should be called out regardless of who is doing it, whether it’s Omar or Politico. It’s exactly like what Strick said but minus the total lack of self awareness and hypocrisy.

I’m Jewish, man. Omar’s comments weren’t anti-Semitic. Y’all - not Jews - lectured me about how I was wrong and don’t know what I was talking about.

I have been the victim of anti-semitism more times than I can count (and definitely more times than the histrionic ADT and our resident concern trolls like DistrictDeac). Most of it, but not all of it came from well-meaning Christians in NC. What’s outrageous is that the same folks who shit their pants over SJP/JVP, critiques of Israel, and Ilhan Omar just don’t appear to give a shit about actual anti-semitism (like it’s literal definition).

Except you’re equating legitimate criticisms of the role of money in politics and the pro-Israel lobby’s influence in DC with actual anti-Semitism because it benefits your tribe. It also helps that Omar is Muslim and not the journalist killing Muslims that your tribe likes.

Except you’re equating legitimate criticisms of the role of money in politics and the pro-Israel lobby’s influence in DC with actual anti-Semitism because it benefits your tribe. It also helps that Omar is Muslim and not the journalist killing Muslims that your tribe likes.

And that equation IS anti-Semitic. I’m not the expert on irony, but that does seem more appropriate. Whatamount is too far gone to realize that; racism sucks when it’s against or benefits his team (political, racial, ethnic, etc.). What a joke.

I’m Jewish, man. Omar’s comments weren’t anti-Semitic. Y’all - not Jews - lectured me about how I was wrong and don’t know what I was talking about.

I have been the victim of anti-semitism more times than I can count (and definitely more times than the histrionic ADT and our resident concern trolls like DistrictDeac). Most of it, but not all of it came from well-meaning Christians in NC. What’s outrageous is that the same folks who shit their pants over SJP/JVP, critiques of Israel, and Ilhan Omar just don’t appear to give a shit about actual anti-semitism (like it’s literal definition).

She definitely used coded language. You won’t admit it because she is on your ream.

Saying Israel has the US hypnotized is not legitimate criticism PH, I know you know that.

Back