• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

If the move to bold progressive policy was the overwhelmingly obvious strategy, it would have exhibited itself in primary results.

I think she’s charismatic enough. I’m worried about her electability.

She has a working class background that she communicate well, but her voice doesn’t sound like it.

Elizabeth Warren may be a lot of things but charismatic isn't one. She's painfully awkward as far as presidential candidates are concerned.

The years Liz spent on the reservation have obviously taken their toll

Haven't MDMH and MHB also talked about an entire wing of the Dem party with utter contempt ?

You've shit talked bernie bros with utter contempt since 2016. Dismissing an entire wing of the party is exactly what I'm talking about. I searched your name and bernie bro on the politics board and saw 70+ hits. Just calling it like I see it.

there's a difference between supporting a candidate and tolerating a bunch of whiny, abrasive/clueless posters

Elizabeth Warren may be a lot of things but charismatic isn't one. She's painfully awkward as far as presidential candidates are concerned.

She's trying to be charismatic and tough but failing at it. You either have "It" or you don't and she doesn't.

In a perfect world, she'd be a superior candidate, but we don't live in a perfect world.

Nope. Not at all. She's been knocking it out of the park in every Town Hall, appearance, etc. Except apparently in one morning radio show. She's excellent in clips I've seen from her town hall on MSNBC last night. My guess is the people who say this about her are not following her closely at all, and are using earlier impressions or common tropes.

Meanwhile, Joe has been nothing short of terrible in everything I've seen, and now he is supprting the Hyde amendment. But, never overestimate an America that voted for Trump.

Joe's support of the Hyde Amendment , besides being morally wrong, is a horrible political position to take. It will be used against him in the primaries.

While I don’t agree that she’s painfully awkward, who cares even if she is? Focus on her policies, what she’s saying, her ideas. For God’s sake, I’d take awkward over corrupt, incompetent, and boorish any day of the week, which is what we have now. If people voted for trump despite his shortcomings, awkward should be way down on their list for warren.

yeah, i don't buy the warren/charismatic thing anymore. if you watch her in action she's always speaking openly with conviction. white dudes just want her to smile more

While I don’t agree that she’s painfully awkward, who cares even if she is? Focus on her policies, what she’s saying, her ideas. For God’s sake, I’d take awkward over corrupt, incompetent, and boorish any day of the week, which is what we have now. If people voted for trump despite his shortcomings, awkward should be way down on their list for warren.

In a perfect world or one before the internet, you'd be exactly right. We don't live in a perfect world. Millions will get lost in her awkwardness and could see it as weakness.

This sad but true.

Bernie Bros suck. You just said you were done with Bernie. I'm all in on Warren and it sounds like ITC is too. You trying to be the new MHB? All I really care about is that whoever the party puts up, every on the left votes for that person and doesn't take their ball and go home.

there's a difference between supporting a candidate and tolerating a bunch of whiny, abrasive/clueless posters

I think they were defensive after getting sabotaged by their own party chair and party. The whole "her turn" thing. The awful campaign she ran. Insufferable or no, it's time to stop alienating them and the voters that come with them. I won't push the point any further, especially if y'all support Warren, who is awesome and should win.

If the move to bold progressive policy was the overwhelmingly obvious strategy, it would have exhibited itself in primary results.

When?

In a perfect world or one before the internet, you'd be exactly right. We don't live in a perfect world. Millions will get lost in her awkwardness and could see it as weakness.

This sad but true.

Meh, I don’t see her as awkward at all. People see what they want to see I guess.

Like it or not gravitas is important to alot of voters

Nope. Not at all. She's been knocking it out of the park in every Town Hall, appearance, etc. Except apparently in one morning radio show. She's excellent in clips I've seen from her town hall on MSNBC last night. My guess is the people who say this about her are not following her closely at all, and are using earlier impressions or common tropes.

Meanwhile, Joe has been nothing short of terrible in everything I've seen, and now he is supprting the Hyde amendment. But, never overestimate an America that voted for Trump.

Yet, at least in my opinion, she has a tenth of the charisma of pretty much any other Democratic candidate. This is in no way a referendum on her candidacy, just that she isn't exactly Barrack Obama with the charisma.

Who do you think are the most charismatic Dem candidates?

Harris has charisma.

Warren is a pissed off school teacher who became a school board member.

Back