• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

yeah, i don't buy the warren/charismatic thing anymore. if you watch her in action she's always speaking openly with conviction. white dudes just want her to smile more

It’s almost like the “charisma” critique is shorthand for something else. It always was.

For example:
Warren is a pissed off school teacher who became a school board member.

Harris has charisma.

Warren is a pissed off school teacher who became a school board member.

LOL. Educators suck. All that knowing shit and explaining it to people.

Warren reminds me of a friend of mine at Wake. She was brilliant and beautiful, but she had one of the worst Southern accents I've ever heard. At first blush, many people didn't take here intellect seriously. Warren has the same issue. Gore had the same issue.

Warren reminds me of a friend of mine at Wake. She was brilliant and beautiful, but she had one of the worst Southern accents I've ever heard. At first blush, many people didn't take here intellect seriously. Warren has the same issue. Gore had the same issue.

So, neither charismatic nor electable?

I mean, we're all lining up to elect PhDeac to something, anything, so he can explain shit to the electorate all day long.

I mean, we're all lining up to elect PhDeac to something, anything, so he can explain shit to the electorate all day long.

LOL. You don’t realize how often I get asked to run for stuff around here.

What's sexist about calling a teacher a teacher. Please explain shit to me.

LOL. You don’t realize how often I get asked to run for stuff around here.

I'll donate to your campaign in hopes of seeing you lecture the Hillsborough County Soil & Water Conservation Board once a month, via stream of course.

What's sexist about calling a teacher a teacher. Please explain shit to me.

Can't tell if you're serious.

You were using "teacher" as a pejorative because K-12 teachers are a female dominant profession even though Warren was a professor.

Obviously there's nothing wrong with being a teacher, but you brand teachers as negative.

So, neither charismatic nor electable?

In a perfect world, quality of candidate contest, she'd destroy Trump, but we're not in a perfect or anywhere near perfect world. You can't just use intellect and logic to stand up to a bullying asshole like Trump. Kamala Harris has the ability to, stand up to Trump and eviscerate him.

In a perfect world, quality of candidate contest, she'd destroy Trump, but we're not in a perfect or anywhere near perfect world. You can't just use intellect and logic to stand up to a bullying asshole like Trump. Kamala Harris has the ability to, stand up to Trump and eviscerate him.

I guess I just haven’t seen Kamala Harris so much of anything lately while Liz Warren has been killing it over and over again.

Every dang profession in the world has been used as a pejorative on this board from lawyer to banker to jizzmopper.

Warren was also a special ed teacher.

It’s almost like the “charisma” critique is shorthand for something else. It always was.

For example:

There are women in every walk of life who have charisma and there are those who don't. The same thing is true about men. It's not shorthand here for anything. You don't have to read things that aren't there to justify observations you don't like.

Handpicked, town halls are nowhere near as daunting as a debate is.

Back