• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Warren is awesome. Cmon, Ph. She’s not just a proxy for less adept men.

Clear bait there for Politico, wish Bernie wouldn't take it.

yea definitely nobody ever whined on twitter their way to president

it does sort of follow that bernie bros would find something of themselves in Trumpshills

a better characterization IMHO is there are roughly two camps, regardless of left-right

grievance politics
vs
"if hillary had won we'd be at brunch right now"

you can roughly put much of the social dems and some of the more center dems in the first group whether they're whining or pushing a progressive agenda that includes some painful, friction-causing change; trump also belongs here with the "TREATED VERY UNFAIRLY" and "put the brown ones in concentration camps"

you can put the biden wing in the second group, likely with klobs and a few other status quo "better things aren't possible" dems

his speech today good lord

D9Y-aiJXsAEtYzO.jpg

I don't think Bernie is done (especially given the grassroots support he's built up over the past three+ years) but I do think Warren will peak at the right time to emerge as the better challenger to Biden for the Democratic spot. Those three will be the last three standing IMO with Pete's support when he drops out acting as a major catalyst to put one of the three over the top.

Which I think raises an interesting question: who would Pete throw his support behind if/when he drops out next year?

I don't think Bernie is done (especially given the grassroots support he's built up over the past three+ years) but I do think Warren will peak at the right time to emerge as the better challenger to Biden for the Democratic spot. Those three will be the last three standing IMO with Pete's support when he drops out acting as a major catalyst to put one of the three over the top.

Which I think raises an interesting question: who would Pete throw his support behind if/when he drops out next year?

Warren. He'd be the easy choice for Warren's VP. I've even seen some Pete supporters on social media say they'd actually prefer a Warren/Pete ticket to Pete winning outright.

Harris would throw her support to Warren as well. Would probably be an AG pick.

That's one of Biden's big problems. He doesn't really have an ally polling over 2%. Neither does Sanders. Sanders and especially his supporters seem to really like going solo.

I think we'll end up with a Final Four of Biden, Warren, Pete, Sanders in that order. Sanders isn't going to drop out. I think Pete will drop out and support Warren in the latter stages and wait for the VP nod.

I'm beginning to think that some of you are Russian bots trying to steer us towards Trump's handpicked dream matchup.

I have been on the record dozens of times as being for Harris and Buttigieg of the crop of realistic primary candidates. Of the front runners I like Warren the most, but have also been on the record stating I will not vote for any of Biden, Bernie, or Warren in the primary, no matter how much I may like any of them, because I will not vote for someone who was born closer to the 19th century than the 21st.

And the point that I was making re: Bernie bros is that, despite what you wish to think, there is an overlap between the messages Bernie and Trump were putting forward to voters. To Bernie’s credit, he actually meant the things he said and hasn’t been gaslighting the country for 4 years.

And the point that I was making re: Bernie bros is that, despite what you wish to think, there is an overlap between the messages Bernie and Trump were putting forward to voters. To Bernie’s credit, he actually meant the things he said and hasn’t been gaslighting the country for 4 years.

This doesn't really sound like a negative at all nor is it really what ITC was saying, he was talking about the supporters not Bernie himself.

Blind support of anyone is stupid. That said Bernie doesn't make a ton of missteps like this, especially compared to Biden who says something outrageously dumb daily

Facepalm

Back