• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

TDS inflamed hysteria used to cover up low behavior in high places in the Obama administration, the intelligence services, the DoS, the FBI, the Dem party, and the Hillary campaign deserve not only mockery but criminal penalties. Be happy when people are still at the satire stage. The criminal justice stage is next. I doubt that it will make you too happy.

As I have said a number of times before, the Russians have been meddling in other counties' elections since the 19th century (and so has the US for that matter). Funny that so many Dems just noticed for the first time in 2016. Ever wonder why?

The biggest danger is Google, Instagram, and Facebook, and the like, meddling in the 2020 elections and combined with fraudulent voting through vote harvesting skewing the result.

Russian interference: Something to joke about.

TDS inflamed hysteria used to cover up low behavior in high places in the Obama administration, the intelligence services, the DoS, the FBI, the Dem party, and the Hillary campaign deserve not only mockery but criminal penalties. Be happy when people are still at the satire stage. The criminal justice stage is next. I doubt that it will make you too happy.

As I have said a number of times before, the Russians have been meddling in other counties' elections since the 19th century (and so has the US for that matter). Funny that so many Dems just noticed for the first time in 2016. Ever wonder why?

The biggest danger is Google, Instagram, and Facebook, and the like, meddling in the 2020 elections and combined with fraudulent voting through vote harvesting skewing the result.

The Founders Would Gag at Today’s Republicans: The cult of Trump has embraced values and beliefs that Jefferson, Washington and Lincoln abhorred.

...But as troubled as I am by the Democrats, I’m terrified of the Republicans. In numerous surveys of a party that has adopted the worst pathologies of President Trump, Republicans have shown themselves to be explicitly anti-American. The Founders would gag. So would Abraham Lincoln...

Unfortunately, Mr. Egan is more right than wrong.

He nails it. The GOP is an authoritarian party.

Intelligent Pubs are like, “wtf, this is not my party”.

Stupid ones just continue to enjoy the delusional joys of owning “libs”.

Intelligent Pubs are like, “wtf, this is not my party”.

Stupid ones just continue to enjoy the delusional joys of owning “libs”.

There's really not that many of them. The vast majority of Republicans are reveling in this. And even most of these "intelligent Pubs" are going to vote for Trump and Republicans down ballot anyway. "Oh noes! Democrats want to end the for profit insurance industry that sucks out our paycheck and underserves us!"

Talking to another disillusioned conservative friend of mine about who would make up the strongest ticket (a Democrat who is currently running plus any reasonable choice in the VP slot) to defeat Trump in 2020. Curious to get some thoughts (especially from the left) on whether you would support a Democrat who selects an independent or a disaffected/moderate R as their running mate.

For example:

-Mayor Pete/Bill Weld
-Elizabeth Warren/John Kasich
-Kamala Harris/Michael Bloomberg

In the scenarios above, the VP pick would commit to supporting the President’s policy proposals and build a bridge to independents and Republicans.

Talking to another disillusioned conservative friend of mine about who would make up the strongest ticket (a Democrat who is currently running plus any reasonable choice in the VP slot) to defeat Trump in 2020. Curious to get some thoughts (especially from the left) on whether you would support a Democrat who selects an independent or a disaffected/moderate R as their running mate.

For example:

-Mayor Pete/Bill Weld

In the scenarios above, the VP pick would commit to supporting the President’s policy proposals and build a bridge to independents and Republicans.

Would never happen and if it did would be awful.

To put it bluntly, fuck no

Why on earth would you give the GOP or any conservative a foothold in the executive branch

Frankly, no republican whether disillusioned or not should be listened to on or allowed to make policy these days.

As a preferable alternative to four more years of Trump?

The 17 votes you pick up from Never Trumpers would not be worth the potential millions of Dem votes you’d lose

For example:

-Mayor Pete/Bill Weld

In what world would Bloomberg ever be #2 to anyone about anything?

Kasich would never do anything like that.

This would be much like the Mayor Pete Pete/Weld ticket:

It doesn’t have to necessarily be the tickets listed above. I’m more just curious about the concept of a Democrat selecting an Independent or Moderate R as a running mate. Feel free to swap anyone else in or make up another ticket.

The 17 votes you pick up from Never Trumpers would not be worth the potential millions of Dem votes you’d lose

This. Those scenarios are like hiring Wojo as our basketball coach.

Adding a moderate Republican is toxic. Democrats don’t like moderate Republicans. Republicans don’t like moderate Republicans. It’s a move to attract a small group that would be unlikely to vote Democrat anyway.

Republicans have lost the popular vote in every presidential election since 1988 except 2004. Going more Republican isn’t going to get more votes in the swing states. Being more Democrat is the key.

Last edited:
Back