• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Yeah forgot Booker - he has looked much better tonight. Relative to expectation I think Inslee has been most impressive.

I don’t find Bennet compelling at all. Gabbard is the worst.

It’s easy for some to make fun of the rando white guy moderates but these are quality guys who need to be leaders in this party. They’re not equivocating on race. When Delaney was asked about the wealth tax as a multimillionaire, he said he needed to be taxed more but just a different way. These aren’t your 80s and 90s moderate Dems.

Yeah forgot Booker - he has looked much better tonight. Relative to expectation I think Inslee has been most impressive.

I don’t find Bennet compelling at all. Gabbard is the worst.

Tulsi landed some blows on Kamala.

Castro, Booker, and Yang have stood out. Biden and Harris looks weak when attacked. By contrast, Warren got stronger when the haters came at her.

Agreed. Good stuff from Yang, which is a pleasant surprise. I would love to see him run for office after he drops out. Interesting guy.

Agreed. Good stuff from Yang, which is a pleasant surprise. I would love to see him run for office after he drops out. Interesting guy.

He lives in Manhattan. Maybe he can replace de Blasio.

Gillibrand Yang and Inslee are coming across as adults in the room

It’s pretty ridiculous that KG is polling at 0 right now. Zero. So many clowns - Biden, Booker, Beto, Bennet, de Blasio, Bullock, etc. (notice a trend?) - and KG can’t get 1%. We’re doomed.

It’s pretty ridiculous that KG is polling at 0 right now. Zero. So many clowns - Biden, Booker, Beto, Bennet, de Blasio, Bullock, etc. (notice a trend?) - and KG can’t get 1%. We’re doomed.

She obviously needs to change her name to begin with a B.

Getting tongue tied isn't going to kill him against Trump. What will kill him is now quickly he stops talking when he hits the time limit or is interrupted. Trump would walk all over him.

Edit: this is regarding a previous comment about Biden.

KG completely bungled her attempt at a Kamala moment. It resulted in Biden’s best zinger of the night. She’s finished.

Gillibrand and Klobuchar both seem to me like some DNC advisers told them that they would make good Presidential candidates and they decided to run, never truly knowing why they wanted to or having a plan to succeed.

I thought Yang and Inslee, for two dudes I know and care nothing about, did awesome tonight.

I thought Yang and Inslee, for two dudes I know and care nothing about, did awesome tonight.

I slew started strong, but he needs to move beyond the “I’m really proud of me” way he frames his answers.

I was impressed by Castro again tonight.

On pure personal preference, I’m all in on a Warren/Castro ticket.

Also, in two full nights of debates, Native Americans or native issues were mentioned only once, when Harris was listing pay inequality statistics.

That’s a good take on Inslee, one of the biggest victims of autocorrect I’ve seen.

I think Biden and Harris drop a bit after this. Castro and Booker should clearly make the next round.

Gillibrand and Klobuchar both seem to me like some DNC advisers told them that they would make good Presidential candidates and they decided to run, never truly knowing why they wanted to or having a plan to succeed.

are you watching? in a sea of men running to run, you picked two candidates that consistently actually have had something to say

i'm not a klobuchar fan (admitted gillistan), but your statement doesn't match what i have been watching for the last few months

Back