• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Obama the person was more popular than Obama the agenda. As long as they address how they will improve upon his record and people like Holder don't act like a little bitch when they do, the party will be fine.

90%+ plus of the twitter comments I’m reading on Gabbard are from conservatives complaining that she is censored by the democrats and twitter. What is going on there? Why is she adored by the right? Also The_Donald liked her a lot until last night’s debate. About all we need to know about her.

Last edited:
90%+ plus of the twitter comments I’m reading on Gabbard are from conservatives and people complaining that she is censored by the democrats and twitter. What is going on there?

I would say that about 75% of the tweets I’m seeing about Gabbard are saying Gabbard = Stein.

Also a lot of “Gabbard makes a good point on Harris’ record, but she’s a mole,” similar to the “Williamson made a good point, but she’s dangerous to those with disabilities” I saw last night.

Got into an argument with my sister last night about how her husband, who generally identifies as center-right but wouldn't vote for Trump, is not impressed with many of the candidates. And that the Dems need to work hard to get voters like him, which means not running too far left. I said that really it's about grassroots support and GOTV and frankly people like him aren't who they need to cater to. And then I reminded her they live in Louisiana, so his vote really doesn't matter much anyway, which did not sit well with her.

Why didn’t it sit well? My vote doesn’t matter much in Massachusetts beyond the primary. It’s just a fact.

In South Carolina, my primary vote is huge and my general election vote is meaningless.

Why didn’t it sit well? My vote doesn’t matter much in Massachusetts beyond the primary. It’s just a fact.

basically because I effectively told her no one gives a shit about who her never Trumper husband votes for in that state. I don't make the rules, just another thing that needs to be gotten rid of.

It's not feelings.

It is 100% "evidence" that relieving college debt only impacts 1 of 4 Americans. It's "evidence" that Trump's support comes from the other 75% and would be invigorated to vote more because of taxing them to cover people they already envy and hate. Now, you are taking their money to pay for people who make more.

You can dream all you like but this is a hanging curve for Trump.

As to "evidence" about healthcare, the GOP is already attacking that.

You can tie the two together for nine figures of "Trump cut your taxes, increased employment. Now, Bernie/Warren PROMISE to raise your taxes and TAKE away your insurance."

Regardless of how true that may or may not be, a ubiquitous set of advertising it for several months would re-elect Trump.

Public Option For All would do very well and not give the GOP an easy target. In the end, the results would be the same.

What percentage of people really benefit from the Trump tax cuts? People have been sold on the idea that they have the opportunity that they will pay less taxes when they make more in the future. You sell this as opportunity to Joe Plumber for his kids to go to college that he can’t afford.

I am new to Texas so I assume my primary vote might count, but also might not. And my general election vote definitely doesn’t.

the first night of debates was at a different level from last night. Biden should be done after last night...too old

I had a coworker go to a Bernie rally in Spartanburg recently and it's funny because the second that primary ends Bernie will not step foot in South Carolina again. maybe never again for the rest of his life! unless, I guess if he's president.

I think Biden stays on top, for now probably.

Warren and Sanders gonna split a sizable faction forever (or for too long). If either drops out anytime soon enough, the other will contend for front runner.

I think if Biden makes a few serious gaffes it could open the door for Buttigieg to rise (if he continues to smoothly articulate sensible things).

I don’t see anyone else with much of a chance.

I think Joe, Pete, and either Bernie/Elizabeth have the best chance vs Trump. The experience gap favors everyone but Pete, but maybe he can still rise.

I wish I lived someplace where any of the Dems would crush an obviously grotesque and pernicious fraud like Trump and the Trumpublicans.

90%+ plus of the twitter comments I’m reading on Gabbard are from conservatives complaining that she is censored by the democrats and twitter. What is going on there? Why is she adored by the right? Also The_Donald liked her a lot until last night’s debate. About all we need to know about her.

Republicans know that one of their best chances to win next year is if the Democratic Party is divided and dispirited with their candidate. I have no doubt that between now and November 2020 everyone from the GOP high command right down to their social media "warriors" will do everything in their power to keep Democrats fighting with each other and divided. It worked well for them in 2016. No doubt there will be another "liberal" third-party effort similar to Jill Stein's in 2016. If the Democrats can stay united and motivated, it's going to be very difficult for Trump to win. They know that, so I would expect all sorts of public and behind-the-scenes scheming to keep that from happening. Tearing down the Democrats during the debates, trying to turn the party's factions against one another, attacking the front-runners when the primaries start (including finding and releasing any negative personal dirt or information), stirring up old controversial votes or positions from the candidate's pasts, social media bots and attacks - everything is on the table for the GOP. Their goal will be to leave the eventual Democratic presidential nominee so damaged and banged up, and the Democratic Party as a whole so divided, that they'll be easy prey for Trump when the general election campaign starts.

Back