• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

What percentage of people really benefit from the Trump tax cuts? People have been sold on the idea that they have the opportunity that they will pay less taxes when they make more in the future. You sell this as opportunity to Joe Plumber for his kids to go to college that he can’t afford.

There's nothing in the plans to end old debt to pay for all college costs in the future. Forgiving college debt without an ongoing program to proactively lower costs could lead to banks making getting future loans more difficult.

Also, there's a huge difference from the perception of getting a tax cut and the reality of taxes going to pay someone else's debts who is likely making more money than you. In fact, it could negate the Dems talking point about the tax cuts just being for the rich and powerful. The GOP could spend tons of money saying, "Dems want to pay off your bosses' college debt with your tax dollars."

There's nothing in the plans to end old debt to pay for all college costs in the future. Forgiving college debt without an ongoing program to proactively lower costs could lead to banks making getting future loans more difficult.

Also, there's a huge difference from the perception of getting a tax cut and the reality of taxes going to pay someone else's debts who is likely making more money than you. In fact, it could negate the Dems talking point about the tax cuts just being for the rich and powerful. The GOP could spend tons of money saying, "Dems want to pay off your bosses' college debt with your tax dollars."

Free public college is a good start.

So Tulsi is not a Hawk like Harris. That's a good thing.

Tulsi made an impromptu personal trip to visit Assad two years ago unbeknownst to the US government and subsequently said she did not believe that Assad was responsible for chemical attacks on Syrians. The UN and US both concluded he was. She eventually admitted that he did so....18 months later after hedging on the topic when faced with criticism from both parties on her stance. She has never admitted that she considered Assad a murderer or torturer - both labels borne out by reality - and continues to deflect when questioned about Assad.

Again, it should be telling that conservatives are eager to support her as the democrat candidate. This doesn’t even include the news that Russians have been tied to social media accounts promoting Tulsi’s candidacy. Nor does it include that she worked for years for her father’s anti-LGBTQ organization which advocated for conversion therapy. She admitted as recently as 2016 that while her public views have changed on the matter that her personal views have not. It also doesn’t include that she was heavily rumored as a finalist for positions in Donald’s administration in 2016.

She’s a terrible candidate and should not be treated seriously by democrats.

Free public college is a good start.

Are you just printing money?

Does it include all expenses or just tuition as most of the plans do? Lots of families can't afford the $10-20+K for room, board, books, etc. Those kids will still have student debt.

There will be other consequences that will impact middle class and lower income people. Many kids who got into Stanford or Wake or Oberlin or any other private schools will now end up at public colleges due to free tuition. Those spaces will be taken from others and they will slide down the scale of colleges. It won't be unusual for kids who got into UCLA to end up at Cal State Fullerton or got into Chapel Hill but lost his/her slot and now will have to go to Appalachian.

I understand things sound like unicorns and cotton candy if you look at them superficially.

If Tulsi makes it to the next debate, I’m sure someone will bother to end her.

Being buddy buddy with Assad regarding human rights’ abuses while rumors are swirling about your association with Russia (as well as your commitment to the Democratic Party) doesn’t make you a very good candidate IMO.

As of now only seven candidates have qualified for the next debate:

Biden
Warren
Sanders
Booker
Buttigieg
O'Rourke
Harris

I think Castro will get there. Surprisingly, Yang is close as well. Klobuchar should get in as well. The others are struggling to make it.

I'd like to see Bullock stay as a way to get him into the Senate. Picking up MT would be huge.

Knight's political thoughts and predictions = Jaybone's sports thoughts and predictions. Both are so weird that you wonder if they live in the same world you do.

It's on message and accurate.

The longer democrats jerk off about the Muller report, the less likely they are to win 2020. If the Muller report is a significant part of the 2020 election, that favors Trump immensely.

Democrats right now are seen by the middle as reaching on fucking everything. It's fucking exhausting. Reach for impeachment. Reach for collusion in the Muller report. Reach for racism.

Candidates like Pete and Tusli aren't reachers like Bernie is. Recognize that as a good thing, and you start to win.

The Asad connection with Tulsi is overblown to the max. Good to see that Numbers has totally swallowed the Russian propaganda, hook, line and sinker.

I’m having supreme PTSD flashbacks to the years I spent playing mafia with Knight

I’m having supreme PTSD flashbacks to the years I spent playing mafia with Knight

m6ja0o2imud31.png

Back