• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

When Gabbard announced her candidacy, there were over 20 stories on her on the three primary Russian websites for English speakers in the next three weeks. This exceeded the total number of articles about all other candidates in the same time period on those sites. Most of them focused on her Assad defense and “celebrated her candidacy.”

Also impeachment support from independents continues to grow. Now at only a -8 favorability (the closest support has ever been) and a favorability exceeding the support for impeaching Nixon at the time he was impeached. So no, everyone doesn’t view democrats as reaching, Donald sycophants posing as “purple” voters view democrats that way because they disagree with progressive views.

It's on message and accurate.

The longer democrats jerk off about the Muller report, the less likely they are to win 2020. If the Muller report is a significant part of the 2020 election, that favors Trump immensely.

Democrats right now are seen by the middle as reaching on fucking everything. It's fucking exhausting. Reach for impeachment. Reach for collusion in the Muller report. Reach for racism.

Candidates like Pete and Tusli aren't reachers like Bernie is. Recognize that as a good thing, and you start to win.

The Asad connection with Tulsi is overblown to the max. Good to see that Numbers has totally swallowed the Russian propaganda, hook, line and sinker.

The rest of your post aside.... Reach for racism? Really?

-Birther
-send them back
-go back to where you came from
-shit hole countries
-using words like “infested” when describing predominantly non-white countries
-fine people on white supremacist’s side
-saying a judge was Mexican when he is American
-Central Park 5
-DOJ calling out his discrimination back in the day

Yea, definitely a reach :rolleyes: I mean if “moderates” are “tired of the race card” I call bullshit. That just tells me they (and you’re probably talking about majority white people), don’t care. His racism matters to a lot of people. And should.

And one last Tulsi point: if she simply disavows Assad and comes out as against him just once instead of continuing to equivocate and ignore the question, this could easily have been avoided. She literally has not answered the point blank question if she views him as a murderer or answered why (or how) she went to visit him on her own accord.

You’re right that it shouldn’t be that big an issue. It only is because she hasn’t done what any politician would do. This begs the question of why.

Also by a 56-38 polling in the most recent Quinnipiac poll independents believe Donald is racist v not a racist. But yeah everyone thinks the democrats are “reaching”!

And one last Tulsi point: if she simply disavows Assad and comes out as against him just once instead of continuing to equivocate and ignore the question, this could easily have been avoided. She literally has not answered the point blank question if she views him as a murderer or answered why (or how) she went to visit him on her own accord.

You’re right that it shouldn’t be that big an issue. It only is because she hasn’t done what any politician would do. This begs the question of why.

Doesn't she also have some weird ties to Hindu nationalist movement? She may just be a fascist apologist. I'm not really seeing the Russian connection, but she sure does love tacit and overt support of fascist regimes.

She may not have direct ties to Russia but it’s obvious they support her largely in part to her repeated Assad defense. She has a weird cult following from some Donald supporters as well (on both the Donald and on twitter).

I don’t know what her end game is beyond trying to come across as “fair and balanced” on diplomacy issues since her whole spiel is that she will negotiate with everyone. But that doesn’t mean that you can just ignore human rights’ abuses that clearly occurred.

And with that I’ve given way more substance or thought to Tulsi’s candidacy than she ever deserves. That Donald supporters like her the most of the democrats running is indication enough that we should nope the fuck away from her as a party.

I understand things sound like unicorns and cotton candy if you look at them superficially.

This Biden malarkey will not stand man.

For the richest country in the world we sure do suck in terms of social wealth. I'm open to alternatives to erasing student debt and free college, such as the Social Wealth Fund or other UBI/UBD ideas. But fuck if "no we can't" is the message Dems need.

The amount of education needed to be competitive in our society has increased steadily over time

We fund 13 years of public education for every child. For some reason, people hate the idea of funding 2-4 more years of public education.

Also impeachment support from independents continues to grow. Now at only a -8 favorability (the closest support has ever been) and a favorability exceeding the support for impeaching Nixon at the time he was impeached. So no, everyone doesn’t view democrats as reaching, Donald sycophants posing as “purple” voters view democrats that way because they disagree with progressive views.

Donald Trump is probably my perfect policy president, but I really am purple. I love me some baby-killin', prison reform, marijuana legalization, gay rights, etc. I'm socially blue. But I'm red as fuck fiscally.

This Biden malarkey will not stand man.

For the richest country in the world we sure do suck in terms of social wealth. I'm open to alternatives to erasing student debt and free college, such as the Social Wealth Fund or other UBI/UBD ideas. But fuck if "no we can't" is the message Dems need.

If Dems hadn't chickened out in 2009 on the public option, we wouldn't be having the healthcare problem. We'd have gotten rid of most of private insurance by now. If the Dems didn't chicken out and get rid of the law banning negotiating of RX pricing, we'd be much stronger now.

There are many things we can and should do, but forgiving all college debt is one policy that will help Trump get re-elected.

I also notice you didn't dispute the collateral damage of free public college. Watch for what happens after Trump loses for something that can work.

Donald Trump is probably my perfect policy president, but I really am purple. I love me some baby-killin', prison reform, marijuana legalization, gay rights, etc. I'm socially blue. But I'm red as fuck fiscally.

You probably haven’t realized yet that the Trump party is not fiscally conservative.

Describe "red as fuck fiscally" please.

Tariffs, causing horrible ripple effects on manufacturing and farming. Tax cuts for the wealthy, cut the social safety net.

Fiscally, red as fuck.

RJ, free public college isn’t going to prevent kids from going to private schools. Sure maybe some of the kids on the fringes will opt instead for public universities, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that kids will lose spots as a result.

If Dems hadn't chickened out in 2009 on the public option, we wouldn't be having the healthcare problem. We'd have gotten rid of most of private insurance by now. If the Dems didn't chicken out and get rid of the law banning negotiating of RX pricing, we'd be much stronger now.

There are many things we can and should do, but forgiving all college debt is one policy that will help Trump get re-elected.

I also notice you didn't dispute the collateral damage of free public college. Watch for what happens after Trump loses for something that can work.

I'm not individually debating issues with you because we can just agree to disagree. But how about the actual economic arguments rather than the optics?

The govt owns over a trillion just in public debt, most of which is student debt. That's a big asset for the US! But, they don't recoup anywhere close to that amount. They lose $40BN a year just administering the debt, then a further $150-250BN a year based on fair value estimates! It's like 36% of the assets the govt owns.

Cancellation would have a meaningful stimulus effect as measured by GDP and employment and only moderate effects on the federal budget deficit, interest rates, and inflation. It's the fiscal conservative play, and addresses concerns over skyrocketing cost of education.

RJ, free public college isn’t going to prevent kids from going to private schools. Sure maybe some of the kids on the fringes will opt instead for public universities, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that kids will lose spots as a result.

There would a lot of kids who get into Top 50 private schools who opt to go to Top 50 state schools to save their family $100-200,000 in expenses. To think that won't happen to a lot of middle class families is being unrealistic. Is there a real difference in getting a degree from Berkley versus USC? Wake vs. UNC?

The same would also be true in lower level but similarly rated schools.

This problem would likely become even more pronounced for families that have multiple kids in college at the same time.

I'm not individually debating issues with you because we can just agree to disagree. But how about the actual economic arguments rather than the optics?

The govt owns over a trillion just in public debt, most of which is student debt. That's a big asset for the US! But, they don't recoup anywhere close to that amount. They lose $40BN a year just administering the debt, then a further $150-250BN a year based on fair value estimates! It's like 36% of the assets the govt owns.

Cancellation would have a meaningful stimulus effect as measured by GDP and employment and only moderate effects on the federal budget deficit, interest rates, and inflation. It's the fiscal conservative play, and addresses concerns over skyrocketing cost of education.

That makes no sense. Are you saying the interest rate doesn't cover any expenses?

The feds guarantee most of the loans rather than making them. If they were "forgiven", the government would still have to pay the full amount to the originator or cause major losses.

There's only about 10-11% default rate. https://www.ed.gov/news/press-releases/national-student-loan-cohort-default-rate-falls

What happens to the freshmen that enter college the day after the forgiveness and need to borrow money or only those currently in debt beneficiaries of this largess?

Um given the above did you mean to say that Donald Trump is the opposite of your perfect policy President?

Name one fiscally responsible Trump policy. Like a single one.

Back