• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

It's on message and accurate.

The longer democrats jerk off about the Muller report, the less likely they are to win 2020. If the Muller report is a significant part of the 2020 election, that favors Trump immensely.

Democrats right now are seen by the middle as reaching on fucking everything. It's fucking exhausting. Reach for impeachment. Reach for collusion in the Muller report. Reach for racism.

Candidates like Pete and Tusli aren't reachers like Bernie is. Recognize that as a good thing, and you start to win.

The Asad connection with Tulsi is overblown to the max. Good to see that Numbers has totally swallowed the Russian propaganda, hook, line and sinker.

Funny that Knight completely ignores the obstruction half of the “Muller” report.

Much like free public K-12 education doesn’t prevent kids from going to private K-12 schools.

And those parents laugh at 4 more years of private school tuition after paying it for 14+ years.

Donald Trump is probably my perfect policy president, but I really am purple. I love me some baby-killin', prison reform, marijuana legalization, gay rights, etc. I'm socially blue. But I'm red as fuck fiscally.

I bolded the parts of this post that do not make logical sense.

Donald Trump is pro-life (at least politically), mum on weed legalization, hurting LGBTQ rights, etc.

And the deficit is sky rocketing under him because he is not fiscally conservative.

So what the fuck are you talking about, dude?

I said cancellation of debt would be a GOP wet dream not "free college". They are two different issues.

It would motivate some millennials, but it would also invigorate tons of of Joe Six Pack voters and drive a lot more resentment for the "elites".

What do the people who don't have college debt get? If it's only a bonanza for college grads and the middle finger to the other 75% of the public, it's a loser.

No one has answered what will happen to the new kids in college who have to borrow money for non-tuition expenses at public schools or for all expenses at private schools? Why won't anyone answer this?

But this election shouldn’t be about who can run furthest to the left. It should be about who can run furthest away from any firm commitments just in case they upset any upper middle class suburban white voters who I’ve decided are the only people who could swing this election.

Listen, I’m as progressive as anyone else on this stage. I just think that we don’t have to implement progressive policies to make progress.

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/we-cant-risk-losing-to-donald-trump-by-believing-in-anything

RJ, when you talk about "Joe Six Pack," are you describing a lower-class, low-information voter that likes cheap beer or that has a really ripped abdomen area?

I’m still waiting to hear one fiscal plan that Donald has enacted that coincides with knight’s fiscal conservatism. Maybe tariffs are a new conservative plank that knight has always secretly been all in on.

Fiscally conservative ideas: let’s stupidly raise economy killing tariffs and escalate stupid trade wars that could plunge us into recession and make that recession worse! Then let’s also try to bully the Fed for extremely low interest rates right now at the precipice of recession, when it’d be great to have that as a safety net option once we’re in it.

Its good to continue beating GTB over the head with his “super fiscally conservative” claim. I’d really like him to come back and define what his fiscally conservative beliefs are.

We know he won’t.

I’m still waiting for some sort of factual defense to his “Americans are tired of democrats pulling on the Donald is racist” line when a majority of voters in recent polls think he is racist (including independents at a 56-38 clip). A higher percentage of people believe he is racist than thought Wallace was racist in 68.

I’m still waiting to hear one fiscal plan that Donald has enacted that coincides with knight’s fiscal conservatism. Maybe tariffs are a new conservative plank that knight has always secretly been all in on.

it's taxes

Donald Trump’s fiscal policy is like one of those assholes we all know with a decent salary but lives paycheck to paycheck buying tacky worthless luxury goods, mcmansions and luxury cars while racking up huge expensive credit card debt. But hey they look rich and stable so they can sneer at the folks who don’t look rich. Then when they lose a job they are fucked.

it's taxes

Yep. This is what “fiscal conservative” means to most republicans. “I want to pay less in taxes” and “[insert joke about wasteful government spending]”

The entire ideology is based around “I don’t want to pay”

Until they cut spending (they won’t since the safety net programs they pretend to hate are keeping the GOP base alive), the tax cuts and resulting huge deficits are the antithesis of fiscal conservatism

“Fiscally conservative, socially liberal” is on oxymoron.

Back