• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Another day, another Tulsi interview where she refuses to answer questions about Assad. Trotted out the identical answer she gives every time it comes up - never mentions Assad, refuses to apologize for her actions, makes same statement about knowing the costs of war firsthand on a daily basis.

It’s tiring. Just condemn Assad’s actions while also saying you’re in favor of diplomacy over military intervention in regime changes. How hard is this Tulsi? It’s truly bizarre.

Donald Trump’s fiscal policy is like one of those assholes we all know with a decent salary but lives paycheck to paycheck buying tacky worthless luxury goods, mcmansions and luxury cars while racking up huge expensive credit card debt. But hey they look rich and stable so they can sneer at the folks who don’t look rich. Then when they lose a job they are fucked.

To be fair, this has been America’s fiscal policy, minus the overt sneering at folks who don’t look rich, since at least Ronald Regan.

To be fair, this has been America’s fiscal policy, minus the overt sneering at folks who don’t look rich, since at least Ronald Regan.

it's also been the average American's personal fiscal policy

I immediately discount the opinion and intelligence of anyone who calls themselves "fiscally conservative and socially liberal". What a load of shit.

To be fair you probably don't get past conservative in your assessment.

Pretty sure the current admin is sneering at "shithole" countries.

Sure. So anyone identifying as “fiscally conservative” over the past 40 years should be continually mortified. But they keep voting gop even though what the gop spends benefits barely anyone.

I immediately discount the opinion and intelligence of anyone who calls themselves "fiscally conservative and socially liberal". What a load of shit.

it usually just means they are pro-weed and maybe gay rights

Democrats should be mostly talking about jobs, Trump tax cuts, and healthcare.

On healthcare, Medicaid expansion, public option, negotiating prescription drug prices, and Republicans want to take your health insurance and have no plan on what to do after they pull the plug.

Democrats should be mostly talking about jobs, Trump tax cuts, and healthcare.

On healthcare, Medicaid expansion, public option, negotiating prescription drug prices, and Republicans want to take your health insurance and have no plan on what to do after they pull the plug.

This. Climate change too. And we don't need Trump continuing to be able to brag that Dems are complaining more about Obama than him.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/01/democratic-debate-obama-biden-1444825

Last edited:
Catamount what specific fiscal policies do you favor?

I would start by making large reductions in military spending, it's not fair that the US subsidizes the rest of the western worlds defense budget. In doing so I prefer isolationist/anti-interventionist stance for American foreign policy. I would like to see an increase in globalization policies that end "fair trade" populist bullshit, and criminalize unions that enforce mandatory dues. Also cut social security payments entirely to anyone who has earned over an X amount of income in their life, and tier the payments accordingly on down.

I am ok with keeping the tax rates where they are, but I would like to see a simplified tax code that eliminates loopholes that corporations and the wealthy can exploit to pay less. Thus in general increasing the tax revenues to the government.

Last edited:
You are for isolationism AND globalization....HUH??

As to mandatory dues, if you don't pay the dues why should you get the benefits the union negotiated?

As to mandatory dues, if you don't pay the dues why should you get the benefits the union negotiated?

Globalized trade, isolationist military intervention the two don't equal each other.

exactly why people would opt out of the dues and kill the unions, thus the point of the policy.

Back