• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Two reasons. They’re the most known and only two options in the top 5 if you want a straight old white guy.

https://electoral-vote.com/

It's more than that, and I think we've discussed this before. EV.com had another piece on this today analyzing a Quinnepiac poll. When looking at how the top 5 are doing with demographics, these are the categories that they over perform with:

Biden: (1) black people; (2) moderates; (3) seniors
Warren: (1) strong liberals; (2) white college graduates; (3) baby boomers
Sanders: (1) young people; (2) strong liberals; (3) poor men, esp. 35-49
Harris: (1) somewhat liberal people; (2) the rich; (3) white college graduates
Buttigieg: (1) Age 18-34; (2) somewhat liberal people; (3) white college graduates

Biden and Sanders poll better with lower income men, and Warren with women, which is why Biden is more often the 2nd choice for Sanders voters over Warren. Kind of interesting that the category that Harris and Buttigieg poll well with is the affluent.

It's more than that, and I think we've discussed this before. EV.com had another piece on this today analyzing a Quinnepiac poll. When looking at how the top 5 are doing with demographics, these are the categories that they over perform with:

Buttigieg: (1) Age 18-34; (2) somewhat liberal people; (3) white college graduates

Biden and Sanders poll better with lower income men, and Warren with women, which is why Biden is more often the 2nd choice for Sanders voters over Warren. Kind of interesting that the category that Harris and Buttigieg poll well with is the affluent.

Harris and Buttigieg have a lot of the massive donors, so I’m not that surprised by those figures. Neither poses much of a threat to the status quo so they’re probably seen as a safe bet.

As I've said over and over again, the DEMS should NOT nonimate anyone over 60 for POTUS in 2020

Interesting Obama impact on Biden. I didn't consider that factor.

Crazy that what I thought was Sanders' biggest demographic, 18-34s, fell to Buttigieg.

That’s basically what I said. Black people and young people typically have lower turnout and are paying less attention to the race. Biden and Sanders have high support from moderates and strong liberals mostly because they’ve run before. Seniors would be more likely to support an older candidate.

Interesting Obama impact on Biden. I didn't consider that factor.

Crazy that what I thought was Sanders' biggest demographic, 18-34s, fell to Buttigieg.

It’s not crazy that Buttigieg would have higher support among the youngest voters. I’m guessing Sanders beats him among that group. Pretty sure that list isn’t where they lead but where they have disproportionate support. So if Pete is polling at 5% overall but at 15% among 18-34, it’s listed for him even if Sanders is at 25%.

I would rather have two 6 person debates than one 11 person debate.

between biden yesterday saying he prefers truth to facts and today saying poor kids are as smart as white kids, i'm glad to see dems investing in the "pick a president with dementia" strategy that has worked well for pubs the last few rounds

I would rather have two 6 person debates than one 11 person debate.

I would like a 6 person debate where each candidate has a minute to answer the same exact question, as opposed to this moronic fighting over speaking time, interruptions, etc. Go down the line to determine who answers first, so that no one has an advantage during the debate on time/response to other answers.

I would like a 6 person debate where each candidate has a minute to answer the same exact question, as opposed to this moronic fighting over speaking time, interruptions, etc. Go down the line to determine who answers first, so that no one has an advantage during the debate on time/response to other answers.

Debates are useless. It's been years since they were worth watching. All we really used to need was Russert. If you made it through that, you were generally smart enough and thought well enough on your feet for the job.

Debates would be fine if the purpose was to get smart people in a room to talk about how they would address the nation's problems. But that's not the purpose.

That’s not a debate, though. It’s just a group interview.

That’s not a debate, though. It’s just a group interview.

More of a discussion. I think the modern political debate is a dumb format, especially when it's more than 2 people.

More of a discussion. I think the modern political debate is a dumb format, especially when it's more than 2 people.

Would it really be a discussion though? To me that’d be more like a really efficient, really boring way to have multiple campaign rallies in 2 hours.

Would it really be a discussion though? To me that’d be more like a really efficient, really boring way to have multiple campaign rallies in 2 hours.

Certainly could happen but that’s up to the moderators. I’m thinking more like a large dinner conversation.

Another day, another gaffe for Biden. No wonder his campaign is trying to keep him out of public as much as possible.

Back