• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Who are the other candidates that are for ending the filibuster, changing the composition of the Supreme Court, getting rid of the Electoral College, and openly speaking up against seeking bipartisan compromise?

The rest of the Dems except maybe Warren believe getting elected will fix everything.

Can't wait to bipartisan compromise our way to climate disaster, ecofascism, and free market healthcare. Pete's SC plan is a joke.

Read this am that Governor Abrams killed it last night on Rachel Maddow's show.

She's a winner and a rising star in the Dem party.

Who are the other candidates that are for ending the filibuster, changing the composition of the Supreme Court, getting rid of the Electoral College, and openly speaking up against seeking bipartisan compromise?

fwiw bernie has said he'd end the filibuster, do some weird rotation thing on scotus, is wishy-washy on abolishing the electoral college, and hates being bipartisan and warren is for most of those things too

It's nice to talk about ending the electoral college, but the reality is barring a new constitution, it will never pass in the states.

This is a radical position but I think it's good to have candidates acknowledge that the system sucks.

Also I seem to recall a mechanism for changing the Constitution. We did it once when we thought alcohol was bad, that's the time I can remember anyway.

It's nice to talk about ending the electoral college, but the reality is barring a new constitution, it will never pass in the states.

This is the kind ofattitude that will prevent it. The National Interstate Popular Vote Compact is making progress. Currently has 196 EVs, and their is legislation pending that would add 108, well over the 270 needed. Until the EC is abolished or the compact takes effect, the entire process is a complete sham and more people should be outraged by it.

fwiw bernie has said he'd end the filibuster, do some weird rotation thing on scotus, is wishy-washy on abolishing the electoral college, and hates being bipartisan and warren is for most of those things too

Last I saw Bernie wasn’t for ending the filibuster. Glad to see he changed.

I’m willingly to bet MHB has spent less than 10 minutes reading anything about Pete that wasn’t Bernie/DSA propaganda.

This is the kind ofattitude that will prevent it. The National Interstate Popular Vote Compact is making progress. Currently has 196 EVs, and their is legislation pending that would add 108, well over the 270 needed. Until the EC is abolished or the compact takes effect, the entire process is a complete sham and more people should be outraged by it.

Being outraged is fine and logical, but you have to be realistic as well.

Last I saw Bernie wasn’t for ending the filibuster. Glad to see he changed.

I’m willingly to bet MHB has spent less than 10 minutes reading anything about Pete that wasn’t Bernie/DSA propaganda.

FWIW I relate a lot to MHB and still really like Bernie a lot, but I get stuck in a rabbit hole sometimes of listening to Chapo and following Twitter accounts that rip on anyone not Bernie so hard it's tough to form an alternative opinion. I've got my qualms with Pete Butt but I do think structural change is necessary and I'm glad he's framing things that way. There's still plenty that concerns me about him, and I'd like for him to talk more about plans, but technocrat vibes turn people off too, so maybe his message will be ok, idk.

FWIW I relate a lot to MHB and still really like Bernie a lot, but I get stuck in a rabbit hole sometimes of listening to Chapo and following Twitter accounts that rip on anyone not Bernie so hard it's tough to form an alternative opinion. I've got my qualms with Pete Butt but I do think structural change is necessary and I'm glad he's framing things that way. There's still plenty that concerns me about him, and I'd like for him to talk more about plans, but technocrat vibes turn people off too, so maybe his message will be ok, idk.

Pete has been unveiling plans for the last two or three months. He just unveiled a rural broadband plan yesterday.

I suppose I meant at the debates, I'm not watching town halls or random campaign stops or whatever. Good for him for getting a platform together.

Kamala Harris killed me with her student debt plan. I still laugh about it every other day or so.

Did Harris unveil her student debt plan at the debates? I don’t remember.

Did Harris unveil her student debt plan at the debates? I don’t remember.

haha no she tweeted it

here's pete taking on the bigger issues

As I've said over and over again, the DEMS should NOT nonimate anyone over 60 for POTUS in 2020

Back