• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Brad any response on the gun thread about the actual text of the Obama-era regulation that Donald rolled back?

Sorry about that, counselor. My apologies. If only I lived on these boards 24/7 with 50k posts to my name I likely would not have overlooked.

Sorry about that, counselor. My apologies. If only I lived on these boards 24/7 with 50k posts to my name I likely would not have overlooked.
Brad knows better than to get into any discussion where he has to display depth of knowledge of anything.

Minimizing campaign appearances worked well for Hillary. We should nominate a candidate who forces us to continue that strategy.

I have read some worthless articles in my day that have told me absolutely nothing... And that was one of them.

Last edited:
Brad knows better than to get into any discussion where he has to display depth of knowledge of anything.

He might get unfairly called a racist or misogynist when he once again has to defend the racist and misogynist actions of his conservative leaders.

67934996_660902731083675_7754456151760044032_n.jpg

I have read some worthless articles in my day that have told me absolutely nothing... And that was one of them.

What do you like about Joe Biden, Chris? Is it just that he will keep your taxes low? Is that the reason that you're willing to doom the country to another four years of sundowning, dementia-laden incompetence?

What do you like about Joe Biden, Chris? Is it just that he will keep your taxes low? Is that the reason that you're willing to doom the country to another four years of sundowning, dementia-laden incompetence?

I think he can win. I think he has coattails that could potentially get the senate and would make actually passing more progressive policy a reality than anything a left-wing base candidate could hope to get accomplished. I think at the end of the day, the reality of what can get accomplished is closer to what Biden wants, so its all about who can win.

That really has nothing to do with that fact that the article was the opinion some anonymous "ally" of Joe Biden who apparently has little sway in the decison making of the campaign. Totally worthless.

Last edited:
I think he can win. I think he has coattails that could potentially get the senate and would make actually passing more progressive policy a reality than anything a left-wing base candidate could hope to get accomplished. I think at the end of the day, the reality of what can get accomplished is closer to what Biden wants, so its all about who can win.

That really has nothing to do with that fact that the article was the opinion some anonymous "ally" of Joe Biden who apparently has little sway in the decison making of the campaign. Totally worthless.

Thanks for responding. I was just wondering if you actually liked Biden or if it was purely pragmatic. Will you vote for whoever wins the Democratic nomination in November 2020?

No worries, I've pulled the posts below so you can easily respond:

You and Jay are simply ignoring the additional part of that regulation dealing with individuals who are deemed mentally incapable of handling their own benefits payments. All you have to do is read the actual language. To say they don’t relate to mental health is belied by the actual language.

If people are held not to be mentally capable of handling this process why in the world would we not want them to be barred from buying firearms? Additionally - as Milhouse points out - it did roll back an Obama era regulation. What is the false part? You’re literally doing what you accuse others of doing in relying on some random DC examiner author’s (wrong) analysis. We all know that you don’t actually know what the regulation is or was anyway.

LOL. And yet Hewitt has become a major Trump supporter, and defends and excuses and justifies his actions all the time on Meet the Press whenever he's on. If you want to know why many conservatives are no longer willing to regularly post on message boards (not just this one, but anywhere) that little juxtaposition clearly shows why. Try defending Trump in the above context (or almost any context) without agreeing that he's a racist or misogynist or crook or just an idiot and ignoramus on most things. It ain't easy, so most conservatives just stay away, or troll, or content themselves with attacking Democrats all the time.

Hickenlooper out

I would expect quite a few more to follow pretty quickly as they realize they wont make the next debate cycle. Delaney may stick around because he can keep self-funding, but Bullock, Gillibrand, Ryan, Bennet, Inslee, Williamson, de Blasio, and all the candidates that didn’t even make the first two debates will probably exit stage left (or not enough left, am I right? #rjjokes).

Castro and Gabbard have met the donor threshold and Castro needs just one more poll to make that threshold; I could see both sticking in the race for now.

The only person I would consider voting for Donald Trump against would be Jill Stein.

Back