• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Do you really not get this? She invoked her alleged heritage to make herself more appealing to an employer looking to make a minority hire.

If minority hires were more appealing to employers, we wouldn't be underpresented minorities. That's just some white victimhood BS.

A white woman who grew up in Oklahoma, one of the only states that has a substantial Native American population, was told she had Native American ancestors. She believed it. She told people. That's it. That's what happened. Then she got a DNA test and thought it meant something like hundreds of thousands of other well-meaning white people in the last decade. The people explained to her that's not how it works. She apologized.

It's not something like Trump's family denying their German ancestry post-WWII for business reasons or something like that. There was a distinct advantage of not being German. There's no distinct advantage of being Native American. In fact, it's a huge disadvantage. Anybody with a basic understanding of American history knows that. Junebug thinks race is some weapon wielded against him instead of just something that structures people's lived experiences including their family.

Last edited:
Who cares about warren’s misstep. The fact remains Angus made a shitty joke that associates (negatively) native Americans and scalping. Birdman said it better. And now we have people either shifting the narrative or saying who cares.

Who cares about warren’s misstep. The fact remains Angus made a shitty joke that associates (negatively) native Americans and scalping. Birdman said it better. And now we have people either shifting the narrative or saying who cares.

There’s also no way he came up with that himself.

i made this helpful chart for brad's joke

j3QQU4e.png

I missed this at first. This is hilarious.

Did she? I didn’t realize that.

Anyway, it doesn’t change a thing. She was claiming minority status in a field that rewards it.

Jesus Christ -- Donald Trump is fucking President and this asshole is over here lying about Warren, getting called out for it, and then saying "derp, doesn't matter, the field rewards it" What reward did Warren get, fucknut?

There’s also no way he came up with that himself.

Of course not - Republicans have zero sense of humor, and just repeat the same tired jokes over and over again, and think they're just as funny as the first time they heard them. I bet Brad had some spittle fly from the hole where his front teeth should be when he heard a scalping joke about Warren for the 23rd time.

But her erroneous claim of Native American heritage

i thought brad’s joke was funny and also offensive. still funny though.

both can be true, millennials

Back