• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I can't edit my last post, so here's an additional comment: I was responding to Stricland33's assertion that "Boomers growing up today would shit their pants because of how difficult it is to be a young adult vs. when they were young adults."

I'm not defending my generation's record of leadership. I hope the following generations will do better, but human beings have always been a crappy lot. Based on what I know about bullying in school these days, there's still a long ways to go. Hell, just look at how the posters on this forum treat each other.

"human beings have always been a crappy lot" is a fucking depressing and shitty outlook on the world

i feel bad for you

do better; do something

resist that shit or at least quit blaming human nature like it means something

jesus christ, people

Last edited:
But no credit for anything good....got it...

What credit do you want for the "boomer generation," RJ?

We don't have a draft anymore, but there is so little social mobility in this shitty economy that poor kids enlist to die so that some assholes can feel better about their 401(k)'s. I'm sure that whatever generation that I'm in is going to do shitty things, but I sure as hell will never ask for credit for anything good in the wake of it.

Life is a work in fucking progress. It's bigger than the accomplishments of any one generation. The goal is to try to leave the world a better place than you found it; can anybody who guided us into this mess (e.g., the planet is literally burning and almost to the point of being beyond saving) say that they did that?

But no credit for anything good....got it...

This is the kinda thing Trump is always saying. “Why doesn’t the fake news give me credit for all the good things I’ve done? Enemy of the people!”

"human beings have always been a crappy lot" is a fucking depressing and shitty outlook on the world

i feel bad for you

do better; do something

jesus christ, people

Honest question. Do you think your insufferable sanctimony is really going to win over any converts?

Also you just can’t dismiss what he said with do better and ignore the entire history of human civilization where, that’s right, a lot of things add up to show humans are pretty shitty.

undoubtedly our generation will fuck up when it's our turn to be in control, but for now we can bitch about the boomers fucking it all up

i feel bad for you

do better; do something

jesus christ, people

I think you are going to lose the crowd on this response. The man just told you that 6 of his friends died in a shitty senseless war and your response is to tell him to get a better out look on life. A simple ‘I am sorry for your loss’ would have been ok. Do better indeed.

I think you are going to lose the crowd on this response. The man just told you that 6 of his friends died in a shitty senseless war and your response is to tell him to get a better out look on life. A simple ‘I am sorry for your loss’ would have been ok. Do better indeed.

this

I look forward to the era that will probably be called "The Great Peace," or something like that, which the millenial generation will bring us 25 years from now.

I look forward to the era that will probably be called "The Great Peace," or something like that, which the millenial generation will bring us 25 years from now.

after we invent the Carousel

tenor.gif

undoubtedly our generation will fuck up when it's our turn to be in control, but for now we can bitch about the boomers fucking it all up

But forever and always the boomers will be the generation that saw the earth was dying and were like, “fuck it, not our problem”

Back