• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I didn't say I was middle of the road. I said I was moderate economically and progressive socially. That woudl be leaning left but not "very liberal" or "far left".

As to being an "independent", I have never voted for a Republican for POTUS. However I have voted for, donated to and volunteered for Republicans for many offices. Included in those are US Senate, mayor and governor.

Plus if I had $1 for every time I have posted my desire for a third party, i could easily buy your ticket to Vegas, pay for your hotel and our dinners to watch the Fainl Four together.

The thing is for decades we have hsad parts of universal healthcare in Medicare, Medicaid and the VA. In fact our most satisfied healthcare customers in the US participate in a universal care service.

It's not a big a leap to go to Medicare for all.

It is an extreme position to change the lives of every senior.

Confused boomer, burn him!

The cancer research org I used to work for suggests it's safer as a 1-1, but not safe. The problem is, it's such an easier entry into nicotine addiction. It may be better for your lungs, mouth, teeth, etc., but it's still got all sorts of other negative effects, and since it's not so harsh on your lungs, kids just absolutely rip vapes all day.

Sorry if I missed it but do you have any research on harmful effects on vaping thc vs tobacco?

I think I am about to break down and join the Gen Z. brethren and buy a Juul. I only ever smoke when I am drunk, and thinking it's about time to stop smelling like shit everytime I drink.

I think I am about to break down and join the Gen Z. brethren and buy a Juul. I only ever smoke when I am drunk, and thinking it's about time to stop smelling like shit everytime I drink.

If you want to lessen your hangovers by up to 80%, give up the drunk smoking, bro.

https://www.dataforprogress.org/memos/battleground-favorability

Senator Elizabeth Warren had the highest net favorable ratings among the presidential candidates we tested.

image-asset.png

The cancer research org I used to work for suggests it's safer as a 1-1, but not safe. The problem is, it's such an easier entry into nicotine addiction. It may be better for your lungs, mouth, teeth, etc., but it's still got all sorts of other negative effects, and since it's not so harsh on your lungs, kids just absolutely rip vapes all day.

my doc told me for weed, vaping was okay, but smoking was not good

Way too easy to use and doesn't make you smell. Potential gold for vape companies if they can avoid harsh FDA regulation.

lol ok

it is demonstrably bad for developing brains

Any addictive substance will be that. I am referring to its long term illness/death risks.

Nothing like the multitudes of carcinigens and other illness promoting constituents in tobacco smoke.

Nicotine isn't really what is harmful about smoking.

ok but going back to this post

here's a good review https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4363846/

With the advent of nicotine replacement therapy, the consumption of the nicotine is on the rise. Nicotine is considered to be a safer alternative of tobacco. The IARC monograph has not included nicotine as a carcinogen. However there are various studies which show otherwise. We undertook this review to specifically evaluate the effects of nicotine on the various organ systems. A computer aided search of the Medline and PubMed database was done using a combination of the keywords. All the animal and human studies investigating only the role of nicotine were included. Nicotine poses several health hazards. There is an increased risk of cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal disorders. There is decreased immune response and it also poses ill impacts on the reproductive health. It affects the cell proliferation, oxidative stress, apoptosis, DNA mutation by various mechanisms which leads to cancer. It also affects the tumor proliferation and metastasis and causes resistance to chemo and radio therapeutic agents. The use of nicotine needs regulation. The sale of nicotine should be under supervision of trained medical personnel.

O/U 70% of Fox viewers done know that’s not marijuana in the photo

Drugs are Drugs.

Who is the elkman of drugs on the boards. Townie, Chupe? No idea. But we could use someone who argues that finer points of what drugs are what.

I'm not going to name any names but there are a few more who have tried just about everything you've heard of and more.

I never saw any crack on campus though.

Back