• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Is this what you're talking about, MHB?

https://www.culinaryunion226.org/ne...o-take-sides-in-the-2020-presidential-contest

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), who has been rising in the polls, has also been eagerly seeking support from unions and workers. Warren apologized this past weekend after CBS News found that two of her campaign staffers had stayed at the Palms resort in Las Vegas. The powerful Culinary Workers union was picketing the resort, and Warren had endorsed their cause.
“I’m not quite sure how it happened,” Warren told reporters. “But two people stayed one night at a hotel that they should not have. And as soon as we found out about it we called, we apologized. And we’re not going to let it happen again.”

For those too lazy to click:

"As Sen. Bernie Sanders wins major labor endorsement, others in organized labor aren’t rushing to take sides in the 2020 presidential contest
Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), who has been rising in the polls, has also been eagerly seeking support from unions and workers. Warren apologized this past weekend after CBS News found that two of her campaign staffers had stayed at the Palms resort in Las Vegas. The powerful Culinary Workers union was picketing the resort, and Warren had endorsed their cause.

“I’m not quite sure how it happened,” Warren told reporters. “But two people stayed one night at a hotel that they should not have. And as soon as we found out about it we called, we apologized. And we’re not going to let it happen again.”

OOOOOOH, what a scab lover...

Give us a break...

nah, I think Buttigeg should run for Senate in Indiana

TITCR

Julian Castro is a great example of how a cabinet position can be a hindrance to young, up and coming politicians. He has made up some ground due to some media attention and his debate performances, but he was basically a nobody despite being HUD Sec for Obama.

LOL, (Bernie) bro.

Do you find it humorous?

Luckily, Warren didn’t and immediately addressed the gaffe.

I’m enjoying the Warren campaign a lot and it makes me happy that the majority of us on here appear to be supporters.

TITCR

Julian Castro is a great example of how a cabinet position can be a hindrance to young, up and coming politicians. He has made up some ground due to some media attention and his debate performances, but he was basically a nobody despite being HUD Sec for Obama.

plus, Indiana is a state that has two Republican Senators with a history of electing Democrats to those seats

Do you find it humorous?

Luckily, Warren didn’t and immediately addressed the gaffe.

I’m enjoying the Warren campaign a lot and it makes me happy that the majority of us on here appear to be supporters.

No, Bro, I find it humorous that the Bernie attack dogs are out posting BS like "Warren has been crossing their picket line", when it was two of her campaign staffers who spent one night at a hotel and she addressed it and apologized immediately.

plus, Indiana is a state that has two Republican Senators with a history of electing Democrats to those seats

Meh, on the senate run. The only 2 Dem senators there in the last 40 years have been Bayh and Donnelly. Bayh was IN family royalty and lost in the 2010 bloodbath, and Donnelly only won because Richard Mourdock liked to talk about rape. Donnelly promptly lost the 2nd time around by 6% when the polls had that race as a dead heat. IN is senate fools gold. What Buttigieg should do is nudge the aging Dem congressman in his district out in 2022 and run again for the presidency in 2028. I think that's a smarter long term decision than tying himself to Warren as either veep or a cabinet member.

Except it's not necessarily the tipping point. But keep on trying to to put words in my mouth. Many have tried. All have failed.

Then if its not the tipping point, in what ways could it backfire?

Meh, on the senate run. The only 2 Dem senators there in the last 40 years have been Bayh and Donnelly. Bayh was IN family royalty and lost in the 2010 bloodbath, and Donnelly only won because Richard Mourdock liked to talk about rape. Donnelly promptly lost the 2nd time around by 6% when the polls had that race as a dead heat. IN is senate fools gold. What Buttigieg should do is nudge the aging Dem congressman in his district out in 2022 and run again for the presidency in 2028. I think that's a smarter long term decision than tying himself to Warren as either veep or a cabinet member.

That seems eerily similar to jaybone's posts on the Wolford thread. Whichever young promising politician gets picked as VP has an inside track to being the 2024 or 2028 nominee. I don't think there has been a former rep who became President whether being something else first.

That seems eerily similar to jaybone's posts on the Wolford thread. Whichever young promising politician gets picked as VP has an inside track to being the 2024 or 2028 nominee. I don't think there has been a former rep who became President whether being something else first.

If Warren wins and is in decent health in 2024, she'll be the nominee, and I'd be surprised if she's even primaried. If she has a fairly unpopular 4 or 8 years, she'll be an albatross around her veep's or cabinet member's neck thereafter. Taking a seat in congress hedges one's bets. And being a generic cabinet member doesn't move forward one's career except 1 cabinet position - state. Ask Castro.

I’d prefer Buttigieg be in a position to effect real change. Generic Rep from Indiana doesn’t get him there. Make him Secretary of State or something way up there. Castro’s Cabinet position didn’t get him anywhere because no one gives a shit about HUD.

No, Bro, I find it humorous that the Bernie attack dogs are out posting BS like "Warren has been crossing their picket line", when it was two of her campaign staffers who spent one night at a hotel and she addressed it and apologized immediately.

The cbs article I read said her campaign had crossed it repeatedly, and at the time of the article, her campaign had not commented. I'm glad she apologized and said it wouldn't happen again. I don't work for the Bernie campaign and I am not a "Bernie attack dog." I think we should criticize and scrutinize all the candidates, including Bernie. I spent the weekend with a bunch of people generally critical of Sanders. Though they were glad he incorporated many of the the demands of the 2018 National Prison Strike into his criminal justice plan, he did not properly attribute or credit the prison strike organizers. Your "lol, bernie bro" shtick is tiring as fuck. Are people allowed to criticize or point out other candidates flaws/mistakes, without your childish "Bernie Bro" bullshit?

" Originally Posted by MHBDemon View Post
Speaking of the Culinary Union, Warren has been crossing their picket line"

This is a flatout Trump-like lie. Even an fat, old, barely computer literate guy like me disproved it in three seconds. To say WARREN crossed the line is a lazy lie. She didn't.

Warren campaign vs. Warren. FLATOUT LIE. shut the fuck up RJ.

Back