• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

The caucus system seems like a mess anyway. This could have been an opportunity to reform it for the better and create a safe, secure virtual method.

EDpBVd7XkAES3S-

Greenpeace ratings for candidates on climate issues

Not great PeteButt!

klobs climate plan is hilarious

clean energy bonds! cap and trade!

though i do like that it's basically all enacted through executive/agency and wouldn't get stuck in a shitty congress

Inslee would be a great Cabinet nominee if a Dem wins

Inslee would be a great Cabinet nominee if a Dem wins

I was thinking this also. Energy or Interior. Also want to see Doug Jones as AG, assuming he loses his senate race. Maybe Bullock at Interior or Agriculture and Castro at Homeland Security. This is of course assuming we win. Which is no near certainty.

The Daily Beast reports that in the 206 counties that went for Obama in 2008 and 2012 and then went for Donald Trump in 2016, Bernie Sanders is raking in far and away the most individual donations. Sanders has received 81,841 donations from 33,185 donors in flipped counties. That’s roughly three times as much as runner-up Elizabeth Warren, who received 26,298 donations from 13,674 donors. Buttigieg comes in just under Warren, with Biden trailing closely behind.

https://jacobinmag.com/2019/09/bernie-sanders-beats-donald-trump

I was thinking this also. Energy or Interior. Also want to see Doug Jones as AG, assuming he loses his senate race. Maybe Bullock at Interior or Agriculture and Castro at Homeland Security. This is of course assuming we win. Which is no near certainty.

No on him for Energy. Energy as it exists now is basically "Department of Nuclear Technologies" and he has no experience in that area. 50% of the DOE budget goes to the National Nuclear Security Administration alone, not counting funding for all the national laboratory research and other affiliated investments. Something like close to 75% of the total DOE budget is related to the construction and maintenance of our nuclear arsenal, other nuclear technologies, safety, fuel storage and disposal, environmental impact management, non-proliferation and the like. The last two Secretary of Energy before the current buffoon were a Nobel Prize winning nuclear physicist from California Berkley and the top nuclear professor at MIT. We need to return to having that kind of expertise running DOE.

20180309_IN10868_images_9d5c343b0d0cd95195ae23dde126c80d6d47e70b.png

Last edited:
In general, I think DOE is probably the least understood cabinet level position. It is the department responsible for the research, development, construction and maintenance of our nuclear weapons, for oversight and security on all mines, reactors, fuel fabrication plants, medical grade nuclear materials (x-ray machines, oncology devices, etc) and tons of other ancillary nuclear fields.

Department of the Interior overseas much more of the traditional fossil fuel based stuff, which is what I think most people think DOE does. DOE should honestly get a rename, or the NNSA should be broken out into a separate cabinet level department (which honestly, since it dominates DOE is basically already is).

I missed the start...did Joe Biden's eye just start bleeding on stage? And did Bill Weir just crack a joke, "as we keep one eye on Hurricane Dorian"?

In general, I think DOE is probably the least understood cabinet level position. It is the department responsible for the research, development, construction and maintenance of our nuclear weapons, for oversight and security on all mines, reactors, fuel fabrication plants, medical grade nuclear materials (x-ray machines, oncology devices, etc) and tons of other ancillary nuclear fields.

Department of the Interior overseas much more of the traditional fossil fuel based stuff, which is what I think most people think DOE does. DOE should honestly get a rename, or the NNSA should be broken out into a separate cabinet level department (which honestly, since it dominates DOE is basically already is).

I’m really hoping Rick Perry stays on at DOE, regardless of who wins.

Thanks for the info. Didn't realize nuclear was half of that budget.

EDpBVd7XkAES3S-

Greenpeace ratings for candidates on climate issues

Not great PeteButt!
Green peace is complete BS. Sanders has called for the complete elimination of nuclear power. Fuck off if you think he cares about climate change.

Last edited:
I mean he obviously does care about climate change, he's proposed a $16 trillion plan to combat it and his stance on nuclear is that it's both expensive and risky compared to other options (which is true - not that I agree with all of his proposals including his position to get away from nuclear power).

I mean he obviously does care about climate change, he's proposed a $16 trillion plan to combat it and his stance on nuclear is that it's both expensive and risky compared to other options (which is true - not that I agree with all of his proposals including his position to get away from nuclear power).

Wrong, he cares about socializing the economy. He uses climate change as his crutch to make it happen.

Back