• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Because I’m criticizing the only fanbase who is constantly criticizing all the other candidates. They think all the other candidates are the assholes but they’re the assholes.

you're just kind of shouting into a void, man

I suppose there's value in the horseshoe theory in that both Trump and Bernie supporters are wholesale disdained by nearly everyone else. But whereas Trump's supporters are hooting suburban dads in Rascal scooters, Bernie's are generally service employees, teachers, and other working class people. And the disdain shown for them by supporters of other candidates just reeks of protecting upper or upper middle class interests. Whether by painting them as uneducated or otherwise ignorant or shortsighted, I suppose it's easier to attack the supporters than attack the candidate.

The caricature of Bernie is an angry old man but I think where criticizing him falls apart is that the temper tantrum he's throwing is over children living in poverty or people dying from not being able to afford insulin.

I find myself defending him here even though he's not my favorite candidate because the arguments against him here are so obnoxious.

I suppose there's value in the horseshoe theory in that both Trump and Bernie supporters are wholesale disdained by nearly everyone else. But whereas Trump's supporters are hooting suburban dads in Rascal scooters, Bernie's are generally service employees, teachers, and other working class people. And the disdain shown for them by supporters of other candidates just reeks of protecting upper or upper middle class interests. Whether by painting them as uneducated or otherwise ignorant or shortsighted, I suppose it's easier to attack the supporters than attack the candidate.

The caricature of Bernie is an angry old man but I think where criticizing him falls apart is that the temper tantrum he's throwing is over children living in poverty or people dying from not being able to afford insulin.

I find myself defending him here even though he's not my favorite candidate because the arguments against him here are so obnoxious.

yeah, they definitely both play the victim card.

if what you're saying is true, why do they rip on Warren so much

Some candidate or Tom Perez should look into a camera and say, "If I (or any Dem) am elected and find any attempts by Russia, its surrogates or employees to impact the US election, I (we) will consider it an act of war. We will consider it no different than bombing a US city or sinking a US naval ship."

Some candidate or Tom Perez should look into a camera and say, "If I (or any Dem) am elected and find any attempts by Russia, its surrogates or employees to impact the US election, I (we) will consider it an act of war. We will consider it no different than bombing a US city or sinking a US naval ship."

this would be an absurd thing for a candidate/Tom Perez to do

If you think I could ever be a Bernie Bro (or a member of any similar group), you don't know anything about me and haven't paid any attention to anything I've post over all the years you have been posting here.

What am I thinking? You know all about me and keep posting as much. I should be asking you who I am and what I think. You know more about me and my beliefs than I do. I must defer to your omniscience.

If you think I could ever be a Bernie Bro (or a member of any similar group), you don't know anything about me and haven't paid any attention to anything I've post over all the years you have been posting here.

What am I thinking? You know all about me and keep posting as much. I should be asking you who I am and what I think. You know more about me and my beliefs than I do. I must defer to your omniscience.

I think the comparison has more to do with your posting style than the substance of your posts

Again, you don't pay attention and are wrong. I don't have one style. I post according to whom I am directing the post. It's really obvious if you actually read my posts rather than having decided what I said and thought before you read the first word.

Again, you don't pay attention and are wrong. I don't have one style. I post according to whom I am directing the post. It's really obvious if you actually read my posts rather than having decided what I said and thought before you read the first word.

Your OGB posting style still resembles a strange hybrid of Trump's twitter posting style and a Bernie Bro's online posting style. Again, not content, but style.

ETA: I think that plenty of us on here have read your posts. You have 67k of them, after all.

Last edited:
Your OGB posting style still resembles a strange hybrid of Trump's twitter posting style and a Bernie Bro's online posting style. Again, not content, but style.

ETA: I think that plenty of us on here have read your posts. You have 67k of them, after all.

Read but clearly not understood...

Even as a staunch Warren supporter, I have to appreciate this post. Well said.

you don’t think Trump voters are working class? What is it that you think Trump voters do for a living exactly?

This has turned into a thread not even almost worth reading.

Dems have it all figured out. First, they will impeach Trump for trying to investigate the crimes they committed under Obama, then they will nominate Quid Pro Joe for President. Good plan. Success is certain.

This is gonna be a real Schiffshow.

ITT, Sailor just makes stuff up.

Also, any other thread he’s in.

Back