• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Yeah you guys were right about that stuff, I didn't really understand what neoliberal meant. My believes are pretty closely aligned with his, and he doesn't seem to know what to call himself either. But I am clearly not neoliberal. Don't think it's awful or even unreasonable, but doesn't fit me.

even the term "liberal" is slippery when used to discuss political theory (as opposed to party affiliation)

Bernie just left the hospital. He looked as good as he possibly could.

He won’t. He should stay in but I don’t know how he overcomes this.

I know people on here don’t like him but this is a colossal bummer. I have no idea if he’d make a good president. But what is clear is that people like him don’t come around often in politics. He’s been an activist for social good for five decades, almost all of which is on the right side of history. Hope he recovers fully but I don’t see him keeping the campaign going from here.

I haven’t seen many people who don’t like Bernie. I’ve seen people who don’t like his supporters and think he should go ahead and pass the torch. He’s a central figure in politics especially if we shift to an era of progressivism. If Bernie had run in 2004, I think it would have been huge. He has more charisma and better ability to carry a message than Kucinich.

Last edited:
CNN just reported Bernie had a minor heart attack. That they let him go so soon might infer it wasn't much of anything.

Very surprised to see this news. It's not like Warren has a track record of lying or exaggerating her background for political gain.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/county-records-contradict-warrens-claim-she-was-fired-over-pregnancy/

Except that compared to Trump, she's an amateur. So, for that matter, is pretty much every other Democratic presidential candidate. If she is Trump's Democratic opponent next year, I'm not so sure you'll want to complain about any accusations of her lying, given who your own candidate is. He only tells the biggest lies, the best lies.

it's also entirely possible for the board to approve a position and the principal to not tender the offer

Back