Page 410 of 677 FirstFirst ... 310360400405406407408409410411412413414415420460510 ... LastLast
Results 8,181 to 8,200 of 13538

Thread: 2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

  1. #8181
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    Stop with the whattaboutism.

    Warren pretty clearly has a credibility problem.
    Good lord.

    Because of one incident about her heritage or are there other issues that lead to this alleged credibility problem?

    As of right now this pregnancy story is a total non-starter (maybe thereís more to it that will come out).

  2. #8182
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    Stop with the whattaboutism.

    Warren pretty clearly has a credibility problem.
    It's not whataboutism to point out that - whatever the accusations against Warren, and as other posters here have noted this accusation far from proves she's lying - Trump has a vastly larger problem with lying/exaggerating than she does. It's like comparing Pilot Mountain and Mt. Everest. That's not whataboutism, it's a fact. Whataboutism is claiming that Warren's honesty and Trump's honesty are even remotely on the same level, or that Democrats should be held to some ridiculous standard while the GOP always gets a pass. There is no real comparison between the two.

  3. #8183
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    8,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    Stop with the whattaboutism.

    Warren pretty clearly has a credibility problem.
    She completely clearly does not except to the naive people who fall for the same right wing smear campaign that got Clinton. I would not expect you to be one of those people, but here we are.

  4. #8184
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    113,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    She completely clearly does not except to the naive people who fall for the same right wing smear campaign that got Clinton. I would not expect you to be one of those people, but here we are.
    LK still has a lingering case of bothsidesism. The sooner we realize that the GOP is an organization that is full of shit and obsessed with power and the Democrats are just a collection of people with human flaws, we can get past the false equivalencies and start addressing problems in our society.

  5. #8185
    Or I am capable of looking at Warren not as a member of a political party but as an individual who clearly has a pattern of misrepresenting her backstory?

    I'm not comparing her to anyone. Her bullahit stands alone.

  6. #8186
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    8,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    Or I am capable of looking at Warren not as a member of a political party but as an individual who clearly has a pattern of misrepresenting her backstory?

    I'm not comparing her to anyone. Her bullahit stands alone.
    Yeah, that's a lame response. That's a Wrangor above the fray response. This pregnancy BS that you immediately fell for has seemingly already been debunked. You're just a sucker, apparently.

  7. #8187
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    Or I am capable of looking at Warren not as a member of a political party but as an individual who clearly has a pattern of misrepresenting her backstory?

    I'm not comparing her to anyone. Her bullahit stands alone.
    because yes, when someone is standing in the ballot box, Warren's credibility will be what loses her a vote to Trump

  8. #8188
    Dude, I'll be voting straight party Democrat for the first time in my life. I can't stand what the Republican party in this country has done and is doing. That, however, doesn't exempt democrats from criticism.

    If it pangs you so much for it to be done in comparison with Pubs, so be it...her lies arent anywhere on the level of top Republicans. That doesn't mean she isn't full of shit about this pregnancy thing.

  9. #8189
    Warren's account now doesnt really jibe with the interview that was brought up when she described it in 2007. And that does bring a credibility issue up with her but compared to the mob boss who's currently the President its minor IMO.

  10. #8190
    I'm a big Warren homer and give her the benefit of the doubt. Seems like it's established that the school board did have a policy that they could automatically fire teachers who were pregnant. Not crazy to think she was renewed in April (while not visibly pregnant) and was showing by June and was pressured to resign. Doubt you can really prove that to be untrue. At worst she's co-opting a story that undoubtedly happened to other teachers nearly 50 years ago. Meh.

  11. #8191
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    113,017
    So the controversy is a 70 year old woman doesnít perfectly remember something from her 20s. Itís amazing how thereís a higher standard for Dems than Republicans.

  12. #8192
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    Stop with the whattaboutism.

    Warren pretty clearly has a credibility problem.
    lol jesus

  13. #8193
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    44,162
    pretty laughable that someone would doubt the veracity of a woman getting constructively fired for being pregnant in the 1970s

    hell, what's his face poster would probably do that today!

  14. #8194
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    113,017
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    pretty laughable that someone would doubt the veracity of a woman getting constructively fired for being pregnant in the 1970s

    hell, what's his face poster would probably do that today!
    2&2 has advocated for doing that within the last few years.

  15. #8195
    I think you could get like three beers into palma and he'd be all for it.

  16. #8196
    Which poster confessed to not hiring women because they got pregnant?

  17. #8197
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    113,017
    Quote Originally Posted by WFFaithful View Post
    Which poster confessed to not hiring women because they got pregnant?
    2&2.

  18. #8198
    Quote Originally Posted by WFFaithful View Post
    Which poster confessed to not hiring women because they got pregnant?
    2&2
    We're going to be good again.

  19. #8199
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    44,162
    Quote Originally Posted by WFFaithful View Post
    Which poster confessed to not hiring women because they got pregnant?
    yeah it's 2&2

    also, I'm pretty sure plama has expressed support for the general theory of "pregnant women are less than peak-efficient employees"

  20. #8200
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    8,290
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    So the controversy is a 70 year old woman doesnít perfectly remember something from her 20s. Itís amazing how thereís a higher standard for Dems than Republicans.
    It's not even that -- there is no solid evidence that she doesn't remember it perfectly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •