Page 410 of 677 FirstFirst ... 310360400405406407408409410411412413414415420460510 ... LastLast
Results 8,181 to 8,200 of 13538

Thread: 2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    Stop with the whattaboutism.

Warren pretty clearly has a credibility problem.
    Good lord.

Because of one incident about her heritage or are there other issues that lead to this alleged credibility problem?

As of right now this pregnancy story is a total non-starter (maybe thereís more to it that will come out).

It's not whataboutism to point out that - whatever the accusations against Warren, and as other posters here have noted this accusation far from proves she's lying - Trump has a vastly larger problem with lying/exaggerating than she does. It's like comparing Pilot Mountain and Mt. Everest. That's not whataboutism, it's a fact. Whataboutism is claiming that Warren's honesty and Trump's honesty are even remotely on the same level, or that Democrats should be held to some ridiculous standard while the GOP always gets a pass. There is no real comparison between the two.

Scooter Banks

She completely clearly does not except to the naive people who fall for the same right wing smear campaign that got Clinton. I would not expect you to be one of those people, but here we are.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    She completely clearly does not except to the naive people who fall for the same right wing smear campaign that got Clinton. I would not expect you to be one of those people, but here we are.
    LK still has a lingering case of bothsidesism. The sooner we realize that the GOP is an organization that is full of shit and obsessed with power and the Democrats are just a collection of people with human flaws, we can get past the false equivalencies and start addressing problems in our society.

Or I am capable of looking at Warren not as a member of a political party but as an individual who clearly has a pattern of misrepresenting her backstory?

I'm not comparing her to anyone. Her bullahit stands alone.

Scooter Banks

Or I am capable of looking at Warren not as a member of a political party but as an individual who clearly has a pattern of misrepresenting her backstory?

Yeah, that's a lame response. That's a Wrangor above the fray response. This pregnancy BS that you immediately fell for has seemingly already been debunked. You're just a sucker, apparently.

because yes, when someone is standing in the ballot box, Warren's credibility will be what loses her a vote to Trump

Dude, I'll be voting straight party Democrat for the first time in my life. I can't stand what the Republican party in this country has done and is doing. That, however, doesn't exempt democrats from criticism.

If it pangs you so much for it to be done in comparison with Pubs, so be it...her lies arent anywhere on the level of top Republicans. That doesn't mean she isn't full of shit about this pregnancy thing.

Warren's account now doesnt really jibe with the interview that was brought up when she described it in 2007. And that does bring a credibility issue up with her but compared to the mob boss who's currently the President its minor IMO.

I'm a big Warren homer and give her the benefit of the doubt. Seems like it's established that the school board did have a policy that they could automatically fire teachers who were pregnant. Not crazy to think she was renewed in April (while not visibly pregnant) and was showing by June and was pressured to resign. Doubt you can really prove that to be untrue. At worst she's co-opting a story that undoubtedly happened to other teachers nearly 50 years ago. Meh.

So the controversy is a 70 year old woman doesnít perfectly remember something from her 20s. Itís amazing how thereís a higher standard for Dems than Republicans.

lol jesus

I disagree with you
    pretty laughable that someone would doubt the veracity of a woman getting constructively fired for being pregnant in the 1970s

hell, what's his face poster would probably do that today!

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    pretty laughable that someone would doubt the veracity of a woman getting constructively fired for being pregnant in the 1970s

hell, what's his face poster would probably do that today!
    2&2 has advocated for doing that within the last few years.

I think you could get like three beers into palma and he'd be all for it.

Which poster confessed to not hiring women because they got pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by WFFaithful View Post
    2&2.

2&2
    We're going to be good again.

I disagree with you
    yeah it's 2&2

also, I'm pretty sure plama has expressed support for the general theory of "pregnant women are less than peak-efficient employees"

Scooter Banks

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    So the controversy is a 70 year old woman doesnít perfectly remember something from her 20s. Itís amazing how thereís a higher standard for Dems than Republicans.
    It's not even that -- there is no solid evidence that she doesn't remember it perfectly.