Page 411 of 677 FirstFirst ... 311361401406407408409410411412413414415416421461511 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,220 of 13538

Thread: 2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

  1. #8201
    Quote Originally Posted by WFFaithful View Post
    Which poster confessed to not hiring women because they got pregnant?
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    2&2 has advocated for doing that within the last few years.


    .

  2. #8202
    Tribalism is a pretty amazing thing.

  3. #8203
    https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-...ibly-pregnant/

    Warren is absolutely right that women in the early 70s were subjected to pregnancy discrimination, which was legal then, and persists now even with laws in place. But in a March 8, 2007 interview with Harry Kreisler for Conversations with History, Warren made it clear that such discrimination had nothing to do with the loss of that teaching job.

    Warren told Kreisler how she had earned a full scholarship to George Washington University at 16, and graduated with a degree in speech pathology and audiology, and didnít mention the commuter college that has become another pillar in her bio. She then explained that she left her public school job after one school year because she lacked the educational credentials to qualify for a permanent position, and that she decided on her own to abandon the calling.

  4. #8204
    Whew I was worried Brad wasn't going to show up to shame Warren since he hasn't shown up to chime in on any of Donald's thousands of lies over the past few weeks.

  5. #8205
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    44,013
    Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    Tribalism is a pretty amazing thing.
    always fun to try to guess when you'll pop up

  6. #8206
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    It's not even that -- there is no solid evidence that she doesn't remember it perfectly.
    The 2007 version she tells is different than the 2012 version she tells which is different from today's. And there are board minutes showing she was offered another year and press clippings suggesting she left for other reasons. Spotty and inconclusive evidence, generally speaking, but it exists and enough to make a news story for a day or two anyway.

    But clearly there are those like LK who made their minds up about her and every time something trivial comes up, it adds to their confirmation bias. Likewise there appear to be some who believe she is beyond any kind of reproach.

    This is not really related, but I just see it as another reason why impeachment may fail with the American people as the Democrats are currently attempting it. You're asking people, considering a broad tapestry of corruption, to focus on a single thread. And it's so easy to get distracted by everything else in the tapestry, and there are probably easier, bigger things to focus on.

    It's also easy to see how Trump gets away with everything, because you can't stay focused on one thing because he socks you with the next immediately. And when you've only got maybe two skeletons in your closet, they can sink you instantly because the narrative is so much easier to tell.

  7. #8207
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    You see that was before victimization was a highly sought after commodity for the left.

  8. #8208
    If this was Biden, Townie would have already posted three twitter links of progressive outrage.

  9. #8209
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    112,268
    Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    You see that was before victimization was a highly sought after commodity for the left.
    Hell of a reaction to a party taking up the cause of groups that have been victims in our society. "SEEEEE!!!! THEY WANT TO BE VICTIMS!!!!!"

  10. #8210
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    44,013
    Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    You see that was before victimization was a highly sought after commodity for the left.
    Trump claims he's a victim of something like once a day

  11. #8211
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    If this was Biden, Townie would have already posted three twitter links of progressive outrage.
    definitely

    if biden was out here claiming he was fired for getting pregnant, i'd be all kinds of pissed

  12. #8212
    Rusty Larue
    DeaconSig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    10,739
    Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    You see that was before victimization was a highly sought after commodity for the left.
    The expert speaks!

  13. #8213
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    definitely

    if biden was out here claiming he was fired for getting pregnant, i'd be all kinds of pissed
    Does ChrisL know how babies are born?
    We're going to be good again.

  14. #8214
    Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    Does ChrisL know how babies are born?
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    definitely

    if biden was out here claiming he was fired for getting pregnant, i'd be all kinds of pissed

  15. #8215
    Apparently a dem candidate has to have no appearance of imperfection at all, otherwise it totally vindicates Trump. Whatamount must be so relieved, now he has cover to vote Trump even when he decides to hunt down the whistleblower with hounds like Ramsay Bolton

  16. #8216
    Quote Originally Posted by 06deacon View Post
    Apparently a dem candidate has to have no appearance of imperfection at all, otherwise it totally vindicates Trump. Whatamount must be so relieved, now he has cover to vote Trump even when he decides to hunt down the whistleblower with hounds like Ramsay Bolton
    LK just needs to wait for all of the facts to come out
    We're going to be good again.

  17. #8217
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    It is difficult to get impregnated by eating a sandwich, according to all of the literature out there.
    We're going to be good again.

  18. #8218
    Holy hell, I just found out about this, dug into it and it's about something from 1971? Let's just say the Free Beacon is 100% legit on this (*chortle*) then wgaf? I sure don't.

  19. #8219
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    8,257
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    The 2007 version she tells is different than the 2012 version she tells which is different from today's. And there are board minutes showing she was offered another year and press clippings suggesting she left for other reasons. Spotty and inconclusive evidence, generally speaking, but it exists and enough to make a news story for a day or two anyway.
    Can you please add some nuance to this? In 2007, she said "I don't think this is going to work out for me.' I was pregnant with my first baby, so I had a baby and stayed home for a couple of years.""

    About what she said in 2007-- "After becoming a public figure I opened up more about different pieces in my life and this was one of them. I wrote about it in my book when I became a U.S. Senator," she said in a statement from her campaign.

    I see nothing about a 2012 statement, but see Fox News latching on to this statement as being different than what she is saying now: "I was visibly pregnant. And back in the day, that meant that the principal said to me," Warren said, pausing, "wished me luck and hired someone else for the job." It's not different.

    It seems very clear that it was understood and automatic that pregnant women did not keep their jobs after they were 5-6 months pregnant. This is not shocking news, but seems hard for older men to admit for some reason.

    The board minutes are useless.
    Last edited by Shooshmoo; 10-08-2019 at 02:48 PM.

  20. #8220
    Nobody has made that big a deal of it. It's going to be a long campaign season with the hyper-defensiveness of the golden child by the usual suspects.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •