Page 413 of 677 FirstFirst ... 313363403408409410411412413414415416417418423463513 ... LastLast
Results 8,241 to 8,260 of 13538

Thread: 2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

  1. #8241
    Re: Warren pregnancy stuff

    Who gives a fuck

  2. #8242
    Donald Trump is the best thing to ever happen to GWB

  3. #8243
    You might be right. Then again it might be like beach bum deac said that she is conflating others experiences to make a political point, like many other politicians, including Joe Biden, have done. Even if that's the case, as i said, its minor. Just like it was minor when joe biden did it before you posted twitter outrage.

    What is more sad is all quickly the claws come out here as soon as some dare to not toe the party line.
    Last edited by ChrisL68; 10-08-2019 at 03:44 PM.

  4. #8244
    I’ll let him say it but I doubt Chris was pushing for tax cuts.

    Fine on Biden, I’m not defending him

  5. #8245
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    114,531
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    You might be right. Then again it might be like beach bum deac said that she is conflating others experiences to make a political point, like many other politicians, including Joe Biden, have done. Even if that's the case, as i said, its minor.

    What is more sad is all quickly the claws come out here as soon as some dare to not toe the party line.
    That's not it at all. You're just casting doubt to cast doubt. This is a nothing story. All the facts support the same narrative, a narrative she has shared.

  6. #8246
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    8,411
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    You might be right. Then again it might be like beach bum deac said that she is conflating others experiences to make a political point, like many other politicians, including Joe Biden, have done. Even if that's the case, as i said, its minor. Just like it was minor when joe biden did it before you posted twitter outrage.

    What is more sad is all quickly the claws come out here as soon as some dare to not toe the party line.
    It's not the party line, it's lyin' about a candidate of the party you have already said you don't support (but, yeah, you would support her over the worst President in our nation's history, so there is that).

  7. #8247
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    That's not it at all. You're just casting doubt to cast doubt. This is a nothing story. All the facts support the same narrative, a narrative she has shared.
    If all of the facts supported her narrative and she was consistent with how she told the story, then it wouldn't be a story.

    https://www.snopes.com/ap/2019/10/08...for-pregnancy/

  8. #8248
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    It's not the party line, it's lyin' about a candidate of the party you have already said you don't support (but, yeah, you would support her over the worst President in our nation's history, so there is that).
    So is it a lie that she told this story in 2007 and omitted the fact that she was fired for being pregnant?

  9. #8249
    Full 2007 quote:


  10. #8250
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    8,411
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    If all of the facts supported her narrative and she was consistent with how she told the story, then it wouldn't be a story.

    https://www.snopes.com/ap/2019/10/08...for-pregnancy/
    It's a story because you were baited -- it's a story because the right wing made it a story by baiting rubes. That link adds nothing, by the way.

  11. #8251
    Also lol at Chris comparing this to Biden mixing up what he had for breakfast with the crime bills he authored in the 80s and 90s. Biden can't make it through a day on the campaign trail without telling an incoherent story that's hard to source. That's different from parsing the extremely coherent narrative Warren weaves every day for half-truths.

  12. #8252
    Could be a lie of omission, could be an intentional lie now, could just be that she didn't bring it up at all in 2007, could be that she knew about it in 2007 but didn't want to bring it up.

    Could be anything. All I know is it was 50 fucking years ago.

  13. #8253
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    8,411
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    So is it a lie that she told this story in 2007 and omitted the fact that she was fired for being pregnant?
    She explained why she said what she did. It is not an easy thing to either allege that you were discriminated against/accuse someone of discrmination. She probably didn't feel like that interview was an appropriate time to open that can of worms.

    By the way " I don't think this is going to work out for me" can be taken in a couple of different ways.

  14. #8254
    Maybe just maybe the people running for office shouldn’t be so damn old and then they wouldn’t need to recall things from 50 years ago.

  15. #8255
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    Could be a lie of omission, could be an intentional lie now, could just be that she didn't bring it up at all in 2007, could be that she knew about it in 2007 but didn't want to bring it up.

    Could be anything. All I know is it was 50 fucking years ago.
    Again, as I said, even if you take the worst possible explanation, then it still isn't really a big deal.

    Apparently, this wasn't good enough to avoid progressive outrage.

  16. #8256
    THE quintessential dwarf dartsndeacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    paradise
    Posts
    46,052
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    yeah it's 2&2

    also, I'm pretty sure plama has expressed support for the general theory of "pregnant women are less than peak-efficient employees"
    Have an employee now that was scheduled to come back after an early April delivery that just asked for another 6 weeks to bond, so we're forced to bring on temps that we pay 70% more for. It can be true and 2019 at the same time. Gotta deal with it.
    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

  17. #8257
    4 months off where i am a consultant and another 8 months partial pay part time if requested. Great perk but tough to schedule around in a deadline based operation.

  18. #8258
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    Again, as I said, even if you take the worst possible explanation, then it still isn't really a big deal.

    Apparently, this wasn't good enough to avoid progressive outrage.
    telling here that chris is finger pointing to the left instead of the right

  19. #8259
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    telling here that chris is finger pointing to the left instead of the right
    Yes because i never criticize brad sailor or junebug. Its telling that you would post that.

  20. #8260
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    8,411
    Quote Originally Posted by palmab03 View Post
    Have an employee now that was scheduled to come back after an early April delivery that just asked for another 6 weeks to bond, so we're forced to bring on temps that we pay 70% more for. It can be true and 2019 at the same time. Gotta deal with it.
    Maybe you should do a better job negotiating with temp agencies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •