Page 417 of 468 FirstFirst ... 317367407412413414415416417418419420421422427467 ... LastLast
Results 8,321 to 8,340 of 9347

Thread: 2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

  1. #8321
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I've found that white women under 45 have quite a bit of antipathy toward Hillary.

    Hillary could have helped herself by not doing what Dole, Gore, Kerry (to an extent), McCain, and Romney did and lose all sense of personality in order to be presidential.
    I bolded the sentence talking about how Warren should adopt some of Gillibrand's "family bill of rights" platform. That doesn't really have anything to do with Hilary Clinton, but I agree with Townie that including more "family policy" into her platform will boost Warren's popularity.
    We're going to be good again.

  2. #8322
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    104,956
    Quote Originally Posted by DG3 View Post
    Haven’t had time to read through, but what’s the though on Hillary entering the race again? Looking like that’s gonna happen.
    LOL. Based on what? That one tweet at Trump? That's just some stuff conservatives say to keep their base frothing at the mouth.

  3. #8323
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    41,703
    whatever it is, i hope it's not true

  4. #8324
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    LOL. Based on what? That one tweet at Trump? That's just some stuff conservatives say to keep their base frothing at the mouth.
    The fact she said today that there should be a rematch? This one’s right out of her mouth.

  5. #8325
    It's funny (and fitting) that the only people still paying attention to Hilary Clinton are conservatives.
    We're going to be good again.

  6. #8326
    Quote Originally Posted by DG3 View Post
    The fact she said today that there should be a rematch? This one’s right out of her mouth.
    It was a joke
    Birds aren’t real

  7. #8327
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    104,956
    Quote Originally Posted by DG3 View Post
    The fact she said today that there should be a rematch? This one’s right out of her mouth.
    She was trolling Trump. Like Strick said, the only people talking about Hillary running are conservatives. They're obsessed with her.

    Hillary Clinton
    muses about 2020
    'rematch' against
    Trump: 'I can beat him again'


    Fox News

    2 hours ago






    Hillary Clinton,
    enemy of
    womankind


    Washington Examiner
    1 hour ago





    WISH CASTING

    Conservatives Are Convincing Themselves That Clinton Will Run Again

    Even Donald Trump is getting into the act.


    https://www.thedailybeast.com/conser...ll-run-again-2
    The idea that Clinton would mount a third presidential bid has circulated for months among fringe right-wing activists. Now, as House Democrats move closer to impeaching Trump, more mainstream pro-Trump figures are picking up the same claim.
    “Do not be surprised, my friends, if she decides to try again in 2020,” radio host Rush Limbaugh told his national audience on Sept. 27. “Do not be surprised.”
    The phantom presidential campaign theory has also been picked up by former Trump adviser Steve Bannon, who said on Fox Business on Sept. 30 that “she is running.” And it’s been embraced over the past few days on Fox News, where hosts like Greg Gutfeld, Tucker Carlson, and Laura Ingraham have claimed Clinton could enter the race.

  8. #8328
    Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    It's funny (and fitting) that the only people still paying attention to Hilary Clinton are conservatives.
    I didn’t realize PBS interview was somehow conservative. You might not like it, but she said it today. She’s been all over talk shows the last few weeks. Could certainly be a coincidence in regards to timing of the primary and whatever publicly tour she’s on, but I guess only she knows.

  9. #8329
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Now is the time when cville starts listing states
    Feel free to dispute any EC state by state analysis. We elect by the EC, not the popular vote. I've opined for the last 2-3 months that Warren would be the nominee. I've said that her brand of populism will probably bode well for her in the midwest - that she'll probably hold MN and retake PA, MI and WI. I've said I don't think she will do as well in the south and mountain west (outside of CO & NM - NV will be close). And I've said she'll probably have to win the popular vote by at least 4-5% in order to win the EC. Which of these statements do you want to argue with? Or do you just want to name call? And while we're at it, why is Buttigieg a dumb, dbag candidate?

    I will add to the above that I think the election is extremely fluid because of the impeachment inquiry and Trump's increasingly bizarre behavior. The world of possibilities over the next 13 months could vary wildly. Most Washington Pubs would love to abandon Trump if they felt they had sufficient cover. The more bizarre he gets, the better the chances he's impeached and convicted. The timing of any impeachment and conviction could lead to a brokered Pub convention (and a nominee not named Trump - maybe Cruz or Sasse). Trump has already badly screwed the situation in Turkey and Syria. We could see the ME or some other foreign crisis blow up or enter a recession. On the flip side, Trump's situation could stabilize, and he could win a tight EC vote next year. As it stands today, I'd predict Warren will win the EC with 272-278 EVs and win by 5%.

  10. #8330
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    She was trolling Trump. Like Strick said, the only people talking about Hillary running are conservatives. They're obsessed with her.

    Hillary Clinton
    muses about 2020
    'rematch' against
    Trump: 'I can beat him again'


    Fox News

    2 hours ago






    Hillary Clinton,
    enemy of
    womankind


    Washington Examiner
    1 hour ago





    WISH CASTING

    Conservatives Are Convincing Themselves That Clinton Will Run Again

    Even Donald Trump is getting into the act.


    https://www.thedailybeast.com/conser...ll-run-again-2
    You don’t have to do that. I don’t particularly care what Hillary does. I simply thought her comment was interesting and wanted to hear what you guys had to say as far as her potentially entering the race. I had no idea that was even a thing until an hour ago.

  11. #8331
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    68,590
    It's not a thing. If you asked any Dem if they could beat Trump, they's say they could.

  12. #8332
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    It's not a thing. If you asked any Dem if they could beat Trump, they's say they could.
    Very true. I guess she’s been so out of sight, out of mind for me that, until today, I haven’t payed attention to her. I am genuinely curious as to how liberal voters view her. Is she someone that could win the nomination or is she generally disliked?

  13. #8333
    As I've said over and over again, the DEMS should NOT nonimate anyone over 60 for POTUS in 2020

  14. #8334
    Quote Originally Posted by DG3 View Post
    Very true. I guess she’s been so out of sight, out of mind for me that, until today, I haven’t payed attention to her. I am genuinely curious as to how liberal voters view her. Is she someone that could win the nomination or is she generally disliked?
    I think she is generally disliked at this stage and viewed as a failed candidate pretty much across the board. Who liberals blame for the failure of Clinton's candidacy varies pretty significantly, but I don't think there is a significant faction of liberal voters clamoring for Clinton 2020. Most of them just shifted their allegiances to Biden from what I can tell.
    We're going to be good again.

  15. #8335
    Quote Originally Posted by DG3 View Post
    Very true. I guess she’s been so out of sight, out of mind for me that, until today, I haven’t payed attention to her. I am genuinely curious as to how liberal voters view her. Is she someone that could win the nomination or is she generally disliked?
    I know exactly 1 person who was excited by the Hillary candidacy in 2016 - 1 friend's 70 year old mom. Every other Dem I know thought she was competent and would do a decent enough job but was already kinda tired of her (and even more tired of the right's obsession with her). She had all of Bubba's baggage with none of his charm.

  16. #8336
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    104,956
    Quote Originally Posted by DG3 View Post
    You don’t have to do that. I don’t particularly care what Hillary does. I simply thought her comment was interesting and wanted to hear what you guys had to say as far as her potentially entering the race. I had no idea that was even a thing until an hour ago.
    Anytime Hillary steps out in public, conservatives start claiming she’s running again.

  17. #8337
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    104,956
    Quote Originally Posted by cville deac View Post
    I know exactly 1 person who was excited by the Hillary candidacy in 2016 - 1 friend's 70 year old mom. Every other Dem I know thought she was competent and would do a decent enough job but was already kinda tired of her (and even more tired of the right's obsession with her). She had all of Bubba's baggage with none of his charm.
    This is well said.

  18. #8338
    Scooter Banks
    Deadbolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    9,999
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesSokolove View Post
    As I've said over and over again, the DEMS should NOT nonimate anyone over 60 for POTUS in 2020
    Agree. Unfortunately, there are no under 60 Dem primary candidates that are actual viable candidates right now.

  19. #8339
    THE quintessential dwarf palmab03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    paradise
    Posts
    44,549
    Hillary would be a fine candidate if she weren’t ugly. The fact that Elizabeth Warren looks like everyone’s moms friend Susan will help
    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

  20. #8340
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Anytime Hillary steps out in public, conservatives start claiming she’s running again.
    ^This. The only people who get excited about Hillary running for any office again are Republicans. If she sends out a tweet attacking Trump, they all jump on it and claim that "she's back!" I know of a number of Democrats who thought she got a raw deal in 2016 and was held to a double standard compared to Trump, but I don't know of a single Democrat who hopes or thinks that she will run for POTUS or anything else ever again. It's a right-wing fantasy, and little more.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •