• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

The problem with the polls in 2016 was that polls several days end before Election Day and Comey blew things wide open leading into an election.

The other issue is that there was a ebb and flow to the general election polling numbers. Hillary would get big leads that would close weeks later. Polling ended just as Hillary was losing a lead going into Election Day.

Another related factor is that Republicans have been notoriously effective at creating some fake or exaggerated story the peaks right before the election. Caravans, Ebola, whatever. Polling can’t count that.

In short, polling gives us an rough estimate of the electorate in the last week of October. The overall result could swing with contests in a few states polling right on the margin of error.

Just saying you’re being selective about your problematic policing.

Though I guess since this thread is hellbent on relitigating 2016 it’s not surprising we’ve somehow gotten back to Hillary; Hot or Not?

Who knew that would be what finally brough us all together. #unitethetunnels

I do have to admit I'm curious what happened to brunette Elizabeth Warren.

Now that Trump has brought them into the political arena, my ticket for 2020 is Pop/Kerr!!!

Besides each being brilliant and informed, think of how much fun their press conferences would be.

I feel like Tulsi is being groomed to be the Jill Stein of the race who can siphon off enough Bernie supporters to give Trump a victory in the swing states.

The Doomsday scenario is if Bernie exits for health reasons and endorses Tulsi and Tulsi loses and mounds a third party run.

Last edited:
Tulsi's definitely trying to rile up the anger from the Bernie fans. The problem is that Bernie is also in the race, and is a front runner.

I feel like her most likely role is as Biden's VP candidate.

In what universe would Bernie ever endorse Tulsi

It's a doomsday scenario. I think he'll be in the race longer than she is but if his health goes bad, there will be pressure on him to endorse even if any endorsement will just piss off a segment of his base.

No way in hell is Tulsi Biden's VP.

She brings nothing to the ticket for Biden. I don't see her being considered for that slot at all.

It's a doomsday scenario. I think he'll be in the race longer than she is but if his health goes bad, there will be pressure on him to endorse even if any endorsement will just piss off a segment of his base.

I don't see a world where Sanders drops out and endorses anyone other than Warren.

This doomsday scenario is somewhere between implausible and offensive. Bernie Sanders is many things, but he's not the kind of person or politician who lacks character, foresight, and a broader commitment to "good." He'll endorse Warren or Biden, just like he did Clinton last time. How do we know that? Well, because that's what happened last time.

You're quietly going down the Nate Silver path of using the fact that technically any outcomes has a non-zero chance of happening as an opportunity to smear Sanders. Yes, Ph - a shirtless Bernie Sanders riding a pterodactyl could decide that life is meaningless, drop out of the race, and endorse Tulsi Gabbard while maniacally screaming invectives about Liz Warren as he flies off into the sunset.

Are there any other ridiculous scenarios that we should discuss?

Yeah, I don't see Tulsi as Biden's veep, nor do I see Bernie endorsing her. She is too much of a lone wolf and not enough of a team player to get considered by anyone for veep. If Biden were to get the nomination, Klobuchar, Buttigieg or Abrams make a lot more sense. If Warren were to get the nomination, Buttigieg, Booker or Inslee would make sense.

Warren/Inslee is about as close to a dream ticket for me as there could be (in the realm of the realistic). cville, do you like that ticket? Electability? How does it do in the EC?

Back