• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

It’s good to watch that whole segment. She gave a great answer about growing up in OK and incorporating what she learned in church to support affirming LGBTQ rights and identities.

It’s good to watch that whole segment. She gave a great answer about growing up in OK and incorporating what she learned in church to support affirming LGBTQ rights and identities. It was a near perfect incorporation of religion into the discussion.

That clip is all I’ve seen. I heard Biden was cringe worthy and Pete was excellent although it seems like stuff I’ve heard before.

Agreed that the longer answer is worth watching:

Last edited:
I don't think anyone expected him to win Iowa or NH. Throwing in the towel in NV is a bit surprising.

giphy.gif

I’ve seen rumblings of this “strategy” for a while now and it’s really hard to wrap my head around it. Is true that Biden currently has a humongous lead with black voters and Iowa/NH/Nevada will have a lot of white voters, but essentially chalking up three L’s and then hoping that South Carolina is a guaranteed victory is baffling. While it’s true that in large primaries, the first few states do not necessarily predict winners of the final nomination, in the modern news cycle, momentum builds quickly. Biden is already under threat from Warren, if she puts up some wins in those three states, I don’t think even a commanding win in SC will our Biden back in front.

And as the clip pointed out and I've been saying, black voters focus on electability, but once someone wins in Iowa or NH, they become more electable by definition. So any black voter who is sticking with Biden because he thinks Warren, Bernie, Pete, or Kamala aren't electable sees one of them win Iowa, she's going to back a beeline for that winning candidate.

So "internal sources" in the Biden campaign told a conservative media outlet that they are giving up on Iowa, NH and Nevada, all states that they are polling at or near the top and a progressive podcast picks up on it and you buy that malarkey?

Last edited:
So internal sources in the Biden campaign told a conservative media outlet that they are giving up on Iowa, NH and Nevada, all states that they are polling at or near the top and a progressive podcast picks up on it and you buy that malarkey.

I thought we were mocking it.

Because he would wipe the floor on all the southern states to give him a huge delegate advantage.

I don’t think so. I think he needs to win both to do that. He’s running on electability. Losing early would damage that.

Back