Page 426 of 503 FirstFirst ... 326376416421422423424425426427428429430431436476 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,520 of 10047

Thread: 2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Which Dem gets more people excited is a pretty big part of winning a general.

The idea that we should pick a nominee based on who polls higher against Trump is ridiculous. From what Iíve seen, they all poll within the margin of error compared to Trump anyway. Youíve got state polls with a +/- 3.5 margin in which Trump is 46 or 47 vs everyone and the Dems range from +4 to +7 on him or so. Thatís not a huge difference.

Again the big question for Dems is if people will vote. The Dem who can get people to show up in a primary is a good indicator.

If you want to make an argument for weighting swing states, Iíll listen to that. But states are where people live not who people are. And everybody deserves to have a say in who the nominee will be.
    Nice straw man.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    I say we bring back Jimmy Carter...

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Quote Originally Posted by DistrictDeacon View Post
    Electability is all about whether they will beat Trump. Winning a primary doesnít tell you anything about that.
    This was your original point. You continued this point by saying head to head polling is the best way to determine electability. But if I claim you are saying that primary voters should just pick who polls best against Trump, thatís a straw man.

So what is your point?

This was your original point. You continued this point by saying head to head polling is the best way to determine electability. But if I claim you are saying that primary voters should just pick who polls best against Trump, thatís a straw man.

So what is your point?
    I never said anything about how primary voters SHOULD do anything. Hence the straw man.

I was disagreeing with your and Chrisís assertion that winning a primary is a good measure of electability.

So what's your solution?

So what's your solution?
    Solution to what?

The problem that primaries aren't a good measure of electability. What other process should we use to select the most electable nominee? How would that process have changed past elections?

The problem that primaries aren't a good measure of electability. What other process should we use to select the most electable nominee? How would that process have changed past elections?
    You seem to think I have a problem with the primaries. I realize people are voting for a variety of reasons- policies, electability, likability, hotness. Which is fine.

I actually think thereís too much emphasis on electability. Hence Biden.

I think electability is important but itís not really defined besides winning the election.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    In other breaking news, billionaires are scared of Elizabeth Warren, and doing everything they can to stop her from winning and creating a wealth tax. Further breaking news, most people who become billionaires are greedy, and would do anything to stay a billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by netflixnchildres View Post
    In other breaking news, billionaires are scared of Elizabeth Warren, and doing everything they can to stop her from winning and creating a wealth tax. Further breaking news, most people who become billionaires are greedy, and would do anything to stay a billionaire.
    Agreed, but I'd throw in ego and vanity as another reason for running. It's like Ross Perot - he spent something like $60 million on his 92 presidential campaign, which was still little more than pocket change to him. If Bloomberg can satisfy his immense ego and vanity by running for POTUS - and derail Warren's chances to boot - he'll consider it money well-spent.

Bloomberg fulfills his vanity by teasing a run. He's done it for years. Maybe it irks him the de Blasio actually did run.

Bloomberg fulfills his vanity by teasing a run. He's done it for years. Maybe it irks him the de Blasio actually did run.
    I doubt he ultimately runs. And if he does, he isn't going anywhere. I don't dislike him or anything, but you can't go changing party affiliations and seriously expect to get a party's nomination. Probably an ego thing for him. Although I doubt de Blasio's aborted run is influencing him in any way. De Blasio registered about as much of an electoral pulse as Janet Snakehole Williamson did.

WMUR is NH. Boston media reaches much of NH.

Steyer will likely embarrass himself tonight.

Steyer could do so much good by spending to bolster support for impeachment now that itís actually happening and waiting donating to down ballot general election races.

Steyer could do so much good by spending to bolster support for impeachment now that itís actually happening and waiting donating to down ballot general election races.
    Itís almost like he doesnít care about that and is doing this to boost his own ego
    Birds arenít real

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Someone from the second tier needs to make a big move.

It might be interesting one of the candidates would play on DiGenova calling the impeachment "regicide". Someone should should talk about King Donald. It could resonate and be used for the next year.