• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Add Klobuchar, Yang, Castro, and Booker.

And Harris really, I'm cool with her being gone.

I like Castro but he hasn't caught on. In a normal year, with 4-6 people running, he likely would have had a much better chance.

Booker and Klobuchar saved themselves for one more shot last night.

Can we make it a rule that whether or not Booker is on the ticket that Rosario Dawson becomes 1st Lady?

Why tulsi GTB? I’m guessing her ads have been popping up in your Facebook feed, coincidentally

I pretty much like Tulsi because she surfs, and she’s a smoke. 95 percent of surfers are good people give or take. She’s a crazy progressive who has endorsed Bernie, but her isolationist foreign policy and experience as a combat vet are positives.

Looks like Bernie is getting half squad. Tlaib and Pressley aren’t endorsing.

I pretty much like Tulsi because she surfs, and she’s a smoke. 95 percent of surfers are good people give or take. She’s a crazy progressive who has endorsed Bernie, but her isolationist foreign policy and experience as a combat vet are positives.

Isolationism is just one of those things I can't wrap my head around. We are/were the most powerful country in the world. So we should just bunker down and turtle up while the world around us continues to become smaller and smaller and connect more and more?

I'm all for times where we should expand and contract our influence, but hardliners either way don't make much sense to me.

I get it if isolationism is about not being the world’s police. I don’t get it if it’s about not embracing globalism and diplomacy.

Isolation cannot exist in this present or the future. In a world where you can get anywhere in less than 24 hours, where business can be done internationally without assistance, military strikes can be done remotely, the concept of isolationism is archaic.

I get it if isolationism is about not being the world’s police. I don’t get it if it’s about not embracing globalism and diplomacy.

I'm with you.* However, Sanders, Warren and Harris are not. I'm still waiting on someone from the far left to explain how their trade and tariff wars are going to be so much smarter than Trump's.

*Although it depends exactly how you define world's police. I would defend our involvement in WW1, WW2, Korea, 1st Gulf and Afghanistan, but not Spanish/American, Vietnam, Iraq and some of our smaller interventions in countries like Chile and a few Central American countries.

Isolation cannot exist in this present or the future. In a world where you can get anywhere in less than 24 hours, where business can be done internationally without assistance, military strikes can be done remotely, the concept of isolationism is archaic.

It’s not our job to be the world police, and force regime changes.

I'd be all for Tulsi's advocating for regime changes (and am in theory) if it weren't coming from her absolute defense of Assad.

Back