• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

[sig]If Clinton had been a better candidate ("better" being defined as one who, you know, won the electoral college), she would have won the election.[/sig]

Curious statement coming from the guy who (correctly) has argued that Clinton ran an awful campaign.

Makes sense when you consider that the race is now down to her and Hillary Clinton.

If Tulsi does mount a 3rd party run, who does she help or hurt? She's not well liked within the Dem party, so Dems aren't going to vote for her. And with Warren as the likely nominee, I'd think most Stein voters would be pleased enough with Warren to vote for her. Even though Tulsi is quite liberal, she generates her most positive press from RT and Fox. Given that, is it possible that she may take more protest votes from Trump than Warren? I know it's counter intuitive, but I could see such a candidacy having such an effect.

Also pos rep to wolverine.

I think Tulsi is more likely shooting for a Fox News job as one of their token “Democrats.” She’s appearing on the channel more and more, has no shot at the whitehouse and has talked her self out of any important position in a Dem administration. Plus, She’ll make waaaay more money as a Fox News contributor than ad any kind of elected official.

There’s a Facebook group called “conservatives threaten us with a good time.” That applies in response to that. How dare we break up the companies breaking the economy.

What makes anyone think Elizabeth Warren's plans for anything will actually pass ?

What makes anyone think Elizabeth Warren's plans for anything will actually pass ?

Because during presidential election cycles, people forget the president can’t just magically do things on their own.

If Tulsi does mount a 3rd party run, who does she help or hurt? She's not well liked within the Dem party, so Dems aren't going to vote for her. And with Warren as the likely nominee, I'd think most Stein voters would be pleased enough with Warren to vote for her. Even though Tulsi is quite liberal, she generates her most positive press from RT and Fox. Given that, is it possible that she may take more protest votes from Trump than Warren? I know it's counter intuitive, but I could see such a candidacy having such an effect.

Also pos rep to wolverine.

If Warren or Bernie don't get the nomination the Tulsi side will definitely siphon voters away from Biden/the moderate Democrat. If you look at the people commenting favorably on Tulsi on social media, they generally also like Donald's brand of populism. Hell half of of /r/The_Donald talks about Tulsi as one of their own with people obsessing over her in a similar way they do to Donald.

Tulsi is a complete asshat who obviously has some further agenda beyond winning the presidency for herself - why she has this motivation is the major question IMO.

Snort. She’s going to try and jill stein this election and then go to Fox News as a Republican propagandist in Dem’s clothing

Good gig if you can get it. Fox would pay some big bucks to a former Dem presidential candidate who nonetheless agrees with them 90% of the time.

Good gig if you can get it. Fox would pay some big bucks to a former Dem presidential candidate who nonetheless agrees with them 90% of the time.

And she’s a minority from Obama’s home state. She could get paid up to 75-80% as much as white guy at that rate.

Back