Page 439 of 479 FirstFirst ... 339389429434435436437438439440441442443444449 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,780 of 9578

Thread: 2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    While visiting VA, does she seek the endorsement from Governor Northam on this trip? Or wait until later in the primary?
    Let me know when major Republican leaders call on Trump to resign.

Quote Originally Posted by netflixnchildres View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/elizabeth-w...t-poll-1465326

And there are other polls, multiple polls, that align with my statement. The fact of the matter is, you can watch the debates and see Biden doesn't have it. Time for Dem Insiders to recognize its more important to pick the person the majority of the party likes over who they feel deserves the nomination. They made that mistake in 2016 and we all know how that turned out.

The last 6 polls aggregated per RCP show Biden +1, +8, +2, +15, +9, +10 all in the last week.

If anything, recent polling shows Biden regaining some of his footing. Now why that is happening is up to debate.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    Sure thing. Like the DNC even had the power to do that if it wanted to. Not surprised you buy that nonsense.
    As I recall, without looking it up, the Bernie/Hillary race would have been much closer had it not been for super delegates, almost all of whom voted for Hillary.

Who picks the super delegates? The DNC or someone else?

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    She won enough regular delegates to win.

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    She won enough regular delegates to win.
    Yeah, I seem to remember that. But who decides who gets to be a super delegate?

Quote Originally Posted by avalon View Post
    She missed the opportunity for a descent Crimea zinger on that first gerrymandered district map.
    Birds are real.

A Young Go-Hard
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    Not according to the newest CNN poll.
    You mean the CNN poll that didn't even have a statistically significant sample size of people under 65, or with an income below 50k? Political polling is becoming more and more irrelevant as people don't have land lines and don't answer calls from unknown numbers.
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    You mean the CNN poll that didn't even have a statistically significant sample size of people under 65, or with an income below 50k? Political polling is becoming more and more irrelevant as people don't have land lines and don't answer calls from unknown numbers.
    And yet CNN scores an A- on 538. I tend to give more credence to 538 than berniebro conspiracy theories.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Link? Most polls aren't going to have a strong enough sample of subgroups.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Yeah, I seem to remember that. But who decides who gets to be a super delegate?
    I believe it has to do with your political career or how much of a big donor to the DNC you are.

Sure thing. Like the DNC even had the power to do that if it wanted to. Not surprised you buy that nonsense.
    Duuude seriously? The last Dem primary was a coronation, not an election. With DWS as master of ceremonies. I have no idea how anybody with half a brain couldn't see that.

A Young Go-Hard
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Link? Most polls aren't going to have a strong enough sample of subgroups.
    subgroups like all voters below 65?

check page 72
    http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2019/images/1...12b.-.2020.pdf
    Draxx them sklounst

A Young Go-Hard
    And yet CNN scores an A- on 538. I tend to give more credence to 538 than berniebro conspiracy theories.
    You're an idiot - you trusting Nate Silver can't make a political poll represent voters that didn't participate in the poll.
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    Duuude seriously? The last Dem primary was a coronation, not an election. With DWS as master of ceremonies. I have no idea how anybody with half a brain couldn't see that.
    Haha bkf jr

You're an idiot - you trusting Nate Silver can't make a political poll represent voters that didn't participate in the poll.
    Nate silver doesn't make any poll. But he rates polling and cnn/ssrs has been extremely accurate. And if you look other places in there it only shows the statistically non-significant group as being between 50 and 65. The idea that they would do a national poll of only elderly people doesn't even make sense. This is also the case with the under $50,000 income
    Last edited by ChrisL68; 10-24-2019 at 08:25 AM.

Scooter Banks

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    Yeah, I for one was shocked when DWS came to my house, tied my wife and me up, and voted for Killary in our place.

She won by 3.5M votes and 12%. That's what is known as a landslide. Bern and his whiny Bros had no chance, and he has no chance this time. Thanks for the laugh - do you teach children?
    Last edited by Shooshmoo; 10-24-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Expanding Mod Powers
    Superman picks the Superdelegates.

Arenít the super delegates people that are elected public officials in each state that are Democrats?...like Mayors and state senators and even congresspeople?

In theory, superdelegates are actually a good idea. They help keep the party steady over time and help prevent candidates from outside the parties core values from orchestrating a populist take over of the party...GOP, and all of us, could have really benefited from a couple thousand superdelegates in 2016.
    Birds are real.

Expanding Mod Powers
    Not necessarily elected officials. Just party movers and shakers.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Arenít the super delegates people that are elected public officials in each state that are Democrats?...like Mayors and state senators and even congresspeople?

In theory, superdelegates are actually a good idea. They help keep the party steady over time and help prevent candidates from outside the parties core values from orchestrating a populist take over of the party...GOP, and all of us, could have really benefited from a couple thousand superdelegates in 2016.
    The democrats invented super delegates to keep George McGovern from happening again. Itís all about who the DNC thinks is most electable. And in 2016, the DNC clearly didnít believe that was Bernie.