• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

i feel like ABCDeac just woke up and started posting on the tunnels again

I cycle in and out like Bloomberg.

Actually, I read most of the bullshit posted on the tunnels - some for education, some for entertainment, and mostly out of boredom at work.

just figure we could fast forward through the electability argument because townie is gonna be pretty salty when he wakes up

Trying to think of a better way to suppress the black vote than nominating the Stop and Frisk mayor.

This is part of what I was getting at. I don't see him doing well with African-Americans, younger voters (who will likely be more pumped up to vote than usual), left wing voters or non-college educated white voters. So that leaves him with trying to steal some of the older, college educated white voters from Biden and Buttigieg.

ABC, I get that Bloomberg is smart and very data driven. But I just can't imagine what data can possibly support this. If he really wanted to make a difference, the better move would be to prop up a tier 2 or 3 campaign, like Buttigieg's, Booker's or Klobuchar's by teaming with 1 of them as their presumptive veep or commerce/treasury secretary. Such a move would increase that tier 2 or 3 candidate's profile, and the influx of cash and positive news could give that person a bump in the polls. For example, if he joined the Buttigieg campaign as treasury secretary to be with Klobuchar as veep with his money behind it, that could be enough to be a knockout blow to Biden.

This is part of what I was getting at. I don't see him doing well with African-Americans, younger voters (who will likely be more pumped up to vote than usual), left wing voters or non-college educated white voters. So that leaves him with trying to steal some of the older, college educated white voters from Biden and Buttigieg.

ABC, I get that Bloomberg is smart and very data driven. But I just can't imagine what data can possibly support this. If he really wanted to make a difference, the better move would be to prop up a tier 2 or 3 campaign, like Buttigieg's, Booker's or Klobuchar's by teaming with 1 of them as their presumptive veep or commerce/treasury secretary. Such a move would increase that tier 2 or 3 candidate's profile, and the influx of cash and positive news could give that person a bump in the polls. For example, if he joined the Buttigieg campaign as treasury secretary to be with Klobuchar as veep with his money behind it, that could be enough to be a knockout blow to Biden.

yeah, but so is Warren, right?

lol fuckin dems man, multiple billionaires and mega millionaires should not be running as democratic candidates for president

I'm not opposed to a wealthy person running or governing. Depends on their politics/person/etc.

I think Pete could beat Trump, agree it's a risky nomination. They all would be, just for different reasons.

I'm not sure we've tried a corporate executive. Trump's background seems more like corporate conman or sleazy huckster extraordinaire.

They were mega millionaires.

LBJ and FDR, yes, JFK less so though he definitely qualifies as part of the elite or ruling class

the vast majority of presidents have been millionaires, which isn't in itself disqualifying, but you're still missing the point

lolol you're missing it even worse than i thought

Back