Page 466 of 503 FirstFirst ... 366416456461462463464465466467468469470471476 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,320 of 10047

Thread: 2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

But it wasnít a vague idea. It meant single payer. It didnít mean M4AWWI.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by MHBDemon View Post
    But it wasnít a vague idea. It meant single payer. It didnít mean M4AWWI.
    Still does. Thatís what would happen after private insurance phases out. You donít have to agree but at least argue in good faith.

Nm
    Last edited by ChrisL68; 11-13-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    C ,Z zX-
    Shut your mouth.

Mark Zandi explains the math works for Warrenís M4A plan and her taxes will spur our economy.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/13/persp...ass/index.html

(sigh) another launch video:

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    If multiple candidates consistently get 15% of the vote in primaries, we could be in for a brokered convention.

I'd love to know what analysis Patrick is doing to justify jumping in late. I wish we had shorter primaries and shorter elections in general. I get it. But it shows a lack of respect for the process and the hard work that all the other candidates have put in to just throw on a bib and sprint to the end of a marathon.

New rule: if Bain Capital is on your resume, you are barred from the presidency.

No thanks Deval. That said, if on July 16, 2020 you're announced as the Dem candidate, I'm all for you.

Right. Like what are these people reading to think that a billionaire New York mayor and soft spoken Bain Capital guy have a lane in this election in which 25+ people ran and there are only four contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    But it shows a lack of respect for the process and the hard work that all the other candidates have put in to just throw on a bib and sprint to the end of a marathon.
    totally disagree

I disagree with you
    catamount is probably super excited about this news

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    totally disagree
    Explain.

I don't think it's a matter of respect

just political calculation (not a statement on effectiveness of the calculus)

It seems like they are nervous about Biden. But instead of supporting someone else, they are stepping in themselves. Which, if they make any headway (big if), could end up fracturing Biden's support.

Deval's launch seems a bit rushed, I wonder if he was trying to get in before Bloomberg.

If the Top 4 stay in through Super Tuesday and split 75% of each vote, it may be mathematically impossible for anyone to get a majority on the first ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by avalon View Post
    It seems like they are nervous about Biden. But instead of supporting someone else, they are stepping in themselves. Which, if they make any headway (big if), could end up fracturing Biden's support.

Deval's launch seems a bit rushed, I wonder if he was trying to get in before Bloomberg.
    Another way to say it is that they are worried about Warren/Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by MHBDemon View Post
    Another way to say it is that they are worried about Warren/Sanders.
    This. Some Dems are worried that on the present course of the campaign, Warren or Sanders will win the nomination and that either is too far left to win the general.

Quote Originally Posted by KitchinDeac View Post
    This. Some Dems are worried that on the present course of the campaign, Warren or Sanders will win the nomination and that either is too far left to win the general.
    If they want to have a chance, they should support Mayor Pete and plan for a brokered convention. Someone like Patrick or Sherrod Brown could be the compromise candidate in a brokered event. They can't win a regular primary nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    If the Top 4 stay in through Super Tuesday and split 75% of each vote, it may be mathematically impossible for anyone to get a majority on the first ballot.
    You raise an interesting point. If it becomes a 4 way horse race with 2 more centrist and 2 more left wing candidates, the chance there is a brokered convention increases. If we get to mid March in such a situation, I'd think there would be a temptation for both camps to enter into 2 merged teams with the 3rd and 4th place candidates becoming veeps for those teams.