• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Think this is a good summary of where we are. Will be good to continue to thin the heard and put distance between candidates as we go forward.

Thanks. So give where the candidates are positioning themselves, what should Kamala, Castro, Klob, and the others do to open things up?

It seems like there is plenty of room between Warren and Biden and between Biden and what’s normally conservative Democrat politics. This gives Pete quite a bit of wiggle room. Biden is the only other candidate between Warren and the mythical middle.

Well RJ didn't take his meds this morning

Unlike you guys, I haven't a RX (other than for athletic injuries) in at least 40 years. But I'll send you a case of straws.

Reality is a biotch.

But Townie thinks you can effectively change 1/7 of our economy (which would the fifth biggest economy in the world) overnight or with a magic wand, because he wants it to be that way.

Must change now! and his way only!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Fuck it all! It doesn't matter if we get to where he wants to be quicker and easier, it has to he HIS way and only HIS way! Fuck reality!!!

But you change 1/7 of the economy in 4 years?

Do you make fun of people who go to therapy too?

WTF does this mean? Someone said I was "off my meds". All I said was I don't take any for anything.

Your life would be much nicer if didn't the weight of your hatred with me around with you.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad...

You post this:

"Anyway, it'll appease rj, I hope, and everybody else who loves their private insurance."

Your passive-aggressive style gets treated in kind. You use buzzwords and sarcasm and cry when you are treated with the same lack of respect you throw out.

Don't name me , insult me and expect not to be treated in the same way.

I didn't insult you or even post anything remotely risible. You've been crowing for days about how the right is gonna spend billions attacking anyone pushing M4A. I said this should ease some of your concerns and the concerns of the straw people you're arguing on behalf of.

Thanks. So give where the candidates are positioning themselves, what should Kamala, Castro, Klob, and the others do to open things up?

It seems like there is plenty of room between Warren and Biden and between Biden and what’s normally conservative Democrat politics. This gives Pete quite a bit of wiggle room. Biden is the only other candidate between Warren and the mythical middle.

The obvious thing is drop out and endorse. I'm mostly bummed about Castro not getting more traction. A less crowded field and he'd probably be in the sweet spot.

I didn't insult you or even post anything remotely risible. You've been crowing for days about how the right is gonna spend billions attacking anyone pushing M4A. I said this should ease some of your concerns and the concerns of the straw people you're arguing on behalf of.

Be a man...Be honest...you were being sarcastic and you know it/

Be a man...Be honest...you were being sarcastic and you know it/

?? Not sarcasm whatsoever.

Try to see that logic through. Warren is compromising on full-bore M4A in 2020 based on the kinds of arguments you and others are making, which is to say:

1) People like their insurance and will vote to keep it.
2) It's an uphill battle against Congress if you do win the White House, so try to do something achievable.

Both of these are somewhat reasonable positions, and my point was rj and people like rj should like this as well.

The obvious thing is drop out and endorse. I'm mostly bummed about Castro not getting more traction. A less crowded field and he'd probably be in the sweet spot.

Is he being talked about for VEEP? I don't know a lot about him, but he seems good. Hopefully this idea goes forward:

whoa

EJb13rJWwAAQ8oD

Ady Barkan thread on Warren's plan:

Ugh. You’re losing me Pete. That’s blatantly using conservative framing. He could have just as easily chided Warren for moving closer to his plan.

One of the big we should have realized over the last 12 years is that we can’t trust Americans to make their own health care decisions.

Castro has himself to blame. He had close to a golden ticket after the 2012 DNC. He took the HUD position instead of running for office in TX. I understand that TX is a tough spot but even a failed run in 2014 could have boosted his status in the party for a 2016 run. If he had the balls run vs Hillary in 2016 like Obama did in 2008, I think he would have won. He missed his window.

Last edited:

Back