• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Don’t like Kamala at all but she just killed Gabbard and I loved every second of it.

Hopefully, she'll take out Klobuchar and Pete on her way out. There are some odious folks in this primary.

While I still don't like him, Cory Booker advocated for a nationwide renters' right to counsel. I teared up a bit. For a second, all was right in the world.

Trump campaign attacks Buttigieg during Democratic debate

Why it matters: As Axios' Jonathan Swan reported on Sunday, top Republicans are taking Buttigieg seriously as a potential general election candidate after his breakout poll in Iowa and his rise in New Hampshire. Several top Trump advisers have raised concerns that Buttigieg is more talented than Joe Biden and that he will be harder to brand as a leftist radical than Sens. Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders.

https://www.axios.com/trump-campaig...ate-2082c0fb-e69d-41be-bbd9-f5322726659f.html

I think everyone but Gabbard is doing pretty well tonight.

Don’t see a lot of change in polling coming out of tonight.

Maybe a little boost for Booker, Biden (who seems a little more coherent).

I think everyone but Gabbard is doing pretty well tonight.

Don’t see a lot of change in polling coming out of tonight.

Maybe a little boost for Booker, Biden (who seems a little more coherent).

Hopefully, she'll take out Klobuchar and Pete on her way out. There are some odious folks in this primary.

While I still don't like him, Cory Booker advocated for a nationwide renters' right to counsel. I teared up a bit. For a second, all was right in the world.

The only odious person in the primary is Tulsi IMO. I disagree with plenty of the others on various topics but wouldn’t call anyone else odious.

Sadly there’s one candidate’s fanbase invested in branding other candidates as “odious.”

Sadly there’s one candidate’s fanbase invested in branding other candidates as “odious.”

It’s pretty odious to run a negative primary campaign. Buttigieg and Klobuchar, in particular, are running fairly aggressive negative campaigns against the other candidates.

You know that I’m not a Bernie Bro, so you’re just playing the part of a Pete supporter in insinuating as much. Carry on.

Last edited:
That didn't happen last night. I'm surprised that he skated without any attention from Sanders/Warren/Biden.

It’s true. It was surprising. Kamala’s answer about black support could have been a gotcha moment, but she showed a heck of a lot more grace than Pete’s fairly endless attack on the rest of the field the last few weeks in her response. Kudos to her for doing so.

That didn't happen last night. I'm surprised that he skated without any attention from Sanders/Warren/Biden.

It’s true. It was surprising. Kamala’s answer about black support could have been a gotcha moment, but she showed a heck of a lot more grace than Pete’s fairly endless attack on the rest of the field the last few weeks in her response. Kudos to her for doing so.

There are some odious folks in this primary.

This kind of thing is so worrisome to me. One of these people is going to be the nominee and they’ll need the full and enthusiastic support of every left leaning person out there to overcome the spatial advantage Trump has in the electoral college. None of them are odious and every single one of them is far better than the alternative. It would be best to stop perpetuating the notion that any one of these people are bad options or let alone odious.

Yep.

I’m presently uncomfortable with Gabbard. But she won’t be the nominee.

The rest I’m fine with.

This kind of thing is so worrisome to me. One of these people is going to be the nominee and they’ll need the full and enthusiastic support of every left leaning person out there to overcome the spatial advantage Trump has in the electoral college. None of them are odious and every single one of them is far better than the alternative. It would be best to stop perpetuating the notion that any one of these people are bad options or let alone odious.

Klobuchar and Buttigieg are running as Republicans in a field of Democrats. Neither will be the nominee but they’re doing so to boost their own brands, as fiscally conservative Democrats, instead of in the service of

Biden, Sanders, Booker, Yang, Harris, and Warren somehow manage to run positive, ideas-based campaigns. Gabbard is running a purely negative campaign against Biden and Warren while Klobuchar and Buttigieg are one trick, “how can we pay for this” ponies. The fact that the rest of the field has largely ignored their attacks speaks to the field more than it does the candidacies of the three I listed above.

Running divisive campaigns in the run up to Trump is pretty odious, imo.

Cory Booker, a centrist in this group, clearly won the debate (imo) before y’all get your “you’re a Bernie Bro” circle jerk going.

The only odious person in the primary is Tulsi IMO. I disagree with plenty of the others on various topics but wouldn’t call anyone else odious.

Would you characterize Buttigieg and Klobuchar’s campaigns thus far as positive or unifying? These two are clearly in this for themselves at this point (neither has a chance at the nomination in this field, let’s be real).

just because it's not unifying for you doesn't mean it's not unifying to others

so insulting 3/4 of the field every time you or your campaign opens its mouth = unifying to others. Got it.

And Tulsi is objectively odious of y’all why exactly? We agree on that one, by the way, though my reasoning for disliking Tulsi is the same for disliking Amy and Pete.

Even Joe Biden seems to have figured out going negative is a bad look in this primary. That guy can barely spell his name anymore and he’s got more campaign savvy than Pete and Amy.

Back