• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Maybe, since the worms are clearly eating my brain already on all this nonsense, I'll just start a policy thread and keep to that if the dialog is too poisonous. Ilhan's Green Homes policy dropped today, and it rules.

Pete being a dick and using republican framing to attack some progressive policy ideas is bad and dumb. Pretending Pete is running as a republican is also bad and dumb.

Maybe, since the worms are clearly eating my brain already on all this nonsense, I'll just start a policy thread and keep to that if the dialog is too poisonous. Ilhan's Green Homes policy dropped today, and it rules.

I think we're all still waiting for Deep State townie to start a new thread

Pete being a dick and using republican framing to attack some progressive policy ideas is bad and dumb. Pretending Pete is running as a republican is also bad and dumb.

In my mind, they’re similar propositions. If it’s just a matter of phrasing, then sure, using Republican framing is bad and dumb. Even odious.

lol fuck off dude

for a guy who supports warren you're sure super cynical about another warren supporter's ideas

i'm cynical or skeptical? you and the other bernard brothers "Just asking questions !" is the only odious thing around here

I'm in for a policy thread for sure. My guy Adam Gaffney published an interesting paper about increased utilization rates using historical evidence of large expansions in health care coverage. The TLDR conclusion is that some of the scores of various M4A proposals (like the most recent Urban score that got lots of press) are assuming pretty large increases in utilization that are probably higher than they should be, which has huge implications on financing.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11606-019-05529-y
That is probably paywalled. I can send PDF if anyone is interested.

honestly, probably not. i might volunteer for other activities depending on the candidate.

lol of course

doing your part to win hearts and minds on a message board while criticizing folks who actually do shit

you're right, we should all have to list our merit badges below our handles.

For a big fan of “this is why trump won”-style arguments, you don’t appear to actually do much to affect politics in a particularly important part of the country. What badge covers that combo?

I'm in for a policy thread for sure. My guy Adam Gaffney published an interesting paper about increased utilization rates using historical evidence of large expansions in health care coverage. The TLDR conclusion is that some of the scores of various M4A proposals (like the most recent Urban score that got lots of press) are assuming pretty large increases in utilization that are probably higher than they should be, which has huge implications on financing.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11606-019-05529-y
That is probably paywalled. I can send PDF if anyone is interested.

That has to be a criticism of a public option approach, no? I have access to this one, will give it a read. There is one perk of working in publishing.

ITC just argues in bad faith all the time. Doesn't engage on policy, has used the phrase "bernie bro" over 120 times on the boards, isn't worth trying. Catamount talks more about policy ideas than ITC, and that dude is barely smart enough to use a computer.

For a big fan of “this is why trump won”-style arguments, you don’t appear to actually do much to affect politics in a particularly important part of the country. What badge covers that combo?

yawn - long winded deflection from the guys who talk about how hard they work to beat trump but can't even commit to pulling the D lever for certain candidates

yawn - long winded deflection from the guys who talk about how hard they work to beat trump but can't even commit to pulling the D lever for certain candidates

Here's how I stand:

Klobuchar: ... Would vote for her.

Warren: ...Would vote for her...

Pete: ... Would vote for him.

Kamala: ... Would vote for her.

Booker: ... Would vote for him.

Bernie: ... Would vote...

Biden: ...Would vote for him

i feel like i've been pretty clear

Back