• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

so, the guy wanted to grind an ax.

sounds like Pete handled it like a grown up

at least Harriot wrote the piece admitting as much

Harriot is a douchebag.

Still hoping for a brokered convention and Sherrod Brown being the "compromise candidate". He is an unabashed, unashamed progressive. He is for universal healthcare, living wages, unions, equal rights for everyone. He's much tougher than Trump and even puts Ohio in play. The downside is that Dems will have to win another seat in the Senate as he would be replaced by a Republican.

Harriot is a douchebag.

Still hoping for a brokered convention and Sherrod Brown being the "compromise candidate". He is an unabashed, unashamed progressive. He is for universal healthcare, living wages, unions, equal rights for everyone. He's much tougher than Trump and even puts Ohio in play. The downside is that Dems will have to win another seat in the Senate as he would be replaced by a Republican.
The idea that somebody who's not even been running for president can win a brokered convention and then win the general election is not realistic.

The idea that somebody who's not even been running for president can win a brokered convention and then win the general election is not realistic.

especially this fucking guy:

Sherrod_Brown_USCB_photograph.jpg

He has a name and experience. A Mayor Pete-type of compromise would have no chance.

Another point is if it gets to a brokered nomination, there would likely be less anger if it wasn't one of the people running. Supporters of the losers may stay home if they feel wronged.

Another point is if it gets to a brokered nomination, there would likely be less anger if it wasn't one of the people running. Supporters of the losers may stay home if they feel wronged.

Meh, Bernie is going to make damn sure his supporters feel wronged regardless.

I haven't formally ranked the candidates, but for me, "brokered nomination" places ahead of Bloomberg, maybe Steyer and Gabbard, and that's about it. Williamson too if she is still running.

Meh, Bernie is going to make damn sure his supporters feel wronged regardless.

Nah. Bernie isn’t at fault. He attracts some nut jobs mixed in with really good people.

I wasn’t talking about you. But Bernie supporters don’t acknowledge those elements in the movement. Most Bernie supporters want structural change but there are some who just want to watch the world burn.

I wasn’t talking about you. But Bernie supporters don’t acknowledge those elements in the movement. Most Bernie supporters want structural change but there are some who just want to watch the world burn.

You mean like the billionaire donors who are fighting to prevent structural change? Bernie doesn't have any of those.

You’re purposefully misunderstanding what I’m saying.

Back