• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I'll admit after reading Bloomberg's 2020 webpage, I'm intrigued. Would the right start an anti-Semitic rhetoric/conspiracy theory if he got the nomination?

Except Donald J. Trump. I think he'll unite them quite nicely by the time next fall rolls around.

If all you have to unite you is the hatred of some guy then most likely you can't win; and even if by some miracle you could, then you won't be able to govern. Certainly, you need enemies in politics but you need a lot more than that to be successful.

Biden is back to the betting favorite.

I think Warren made a big mistake providing the specifics for her M4A plan.

Biden is back to the betting favorite.

I think Warren made a big mistake providing the specifics for her M4A plan.

so, you got your wish and Warren's candidacy took a hit over a nothing burger. #nowecant

A plan to almost double the size of the federal government is a nothing burger?

A plan to almost double the size of the federal government is a nothing burger?

We probably should double the size of the federal government. If anything, then it’s going to take a lot of people to administer benefits (and diapers) to lonely, aging boomers.

I cannot wait for you to have to pull the lever for Warren and Sanders. It will be glorious.

If all you have to unite you is the hatred of some guy then most likely you can't win; and even if by some miracle you could, then you won't be able to govern. Certainly, you need enemies in politics but you need a lot more than that to be successful.

I agree with this. Democrats unify on love. Democrats love Obama. Democrats didn’t love Hillary. Republicans unify on hatred. Trump took advantage of 25+ years of hatred of Hillary. Is there enough hate for the Dem nominee this time?

We probably should double the size of the federal government. If anything, then it’s going to take a lot of people to administer benefits (and diapers) to lonely, aging boomers.

I cannot wait for you to have to pull the lever for Warren and Sanders. It will be glorious.

Owning the moderates!

Owning the moderates!

Do you know what the government does and what it will need to do in the next 10-15 years, TR?

The boomers are a demographic time bomb that will require a fairly absurd expansion of the welfare state. The expansion of Medicare, infrastructure rehabilitation, and the proposed housing development alone would require nearly doubling the current size of the federal government.

I took ChrisL’s comment seriously. Trump has decimated the government and it’s basic functioning, let alone what we will need it to do to remain stable moving forward. We’re running out of road to kick the can down, moderates and Republicans. At some point we’re going to have to staff and fund and, shudder, increase the deficit.

You seem to be finding glory in someone being forced to vote for someone they don’t feel fully represents their views.
Your emphasis was on Chris’ defeat, not our country’s gain.

I don’t know or understand a lot about many areas of our government. I feel confident that my understanding of our healthcare system and challenges matches yours.

You seem to be finding glory in someone being forced to vote for someone they don’t feel fully represents their views. Your emphasis was on Chris’ defeat, not our country’s gain.

Are you new around here? ChrisL trolls the shit out of progressives on here. It will bring me joy for him to have to fall in line behind a progressive presidential nominee (if that happens) for the good of the country.

That being said, recognizing the need for governmental growth =/= "owning the moderates!" It's just common sense. It seems like you know this, though.

Happy thanksgiving!

I don't fall in line for the prevailing progressive circle jerk on the left here.

Just go be a Republican man.

Instead of posting this shit, maybe you should make good arguments for progressive policy to try to bring people over to your side. I swear some of you take pride in being the friendless asshole instead of building a coalition. If Bernie rose too high in the polls some of you would complain that he was appealing to moderates.

Instead of posting this shit, maybe you should make good arguments for progressive policy to try to bring people over to your side. I swear some of you take pride in being the friendless asshole instead of building a coalition. If Bernie rose too high in the polls some of you would complain that he was appealing to moderates.

ChrisL is not gonna be won over by progressive policy because he's too worried about his wealth being taxed. He's not "on my side." Instead of being all "kumbaya" with rich tax accountants who whine about big government, I'd rather build a coalition with traditionally disenfranchised people and working class people. There is plenty of progressive policy for Chris to read on his own.

Sure, but there have been plenty of posts like this over the years and it doesn’t really matter. ChrisL is just a troll at this point. It’s fine. Whatever. But it’s like how people (myself included) used to try to gain ground with jhmd by posting 1000 words on the value of progressive policy. Some people don’t want to change their positions. That’s okay. It’s also okay to be annoyed by that. The same goes for MHB. Two sides of the same coin. Shrug.

Weird recent bout of tone policing by Ph and birdman given their histories on the tunnels.

Just a daily reminder that this message board is not really doing much of anything to affect material reality.

Not sure what history you mean but when I make an argument that Lobo sucks, I’m not concerned that pro-Lobo people are going to stop being Wake fans or stop going to games and that will mean Carolina fans will take over.

Back