• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Not sure what history you mean but when I make an argument that Lobo sucks, I’m not concerned that pro-Lobo people are going to stop being Wake fans or stop going to games and that will mean Carolina fans will take over.

You're an opinionated dude on the tunnels who gets into a lot of arguments with people who hold different beliefs. It's cool. We all do. Or, at least we did. I'm not sure what speech birdman will tolerate on here anymore.

Meanwhile in Iowa:

Strickland is a narcissistic progressive windbag who likes bullying people who don't subscribe to his orthodoxy. I call him out on his bullshit so he labels me a troll even though I rarely upset the mostly progressive circle-jerk that occurs on this thread. The idea of him being upset that there isn't spirited debate on this thread is one of the funniest, and most ironic, things I've ever seen.

Maybe he should start questioning why his progressive champions are falling to third and fourth in more and more polling including being behind a guy who had no name recognition coming into the race and whose only political experience was being the mayor of South Bend Indiana.

Last edited:
Reminder that this latest kerfluffle started with me saying that Warren made a strategic mistake getting too specific with her Medicaid for all spending plan. Can anybody really deny the validity of that statement? You might not like it or not like what it says about the current Democratic voting base, but that doesn't change the reality of what has happened.

Apparently trolling is pointing out realities that Strickland is uncomfortable with.

And it is a good point. She got baited into a bad decision much like Trump baited her into that awful DNA test. She went from controlling the narrative to letting someone else dictate her next move.

Strickland is a narcissistic progressive windbag who likes bullying people who don't subscribe to his orthodoxy. I call him out on his bullshit so he labels me a troll even though I rarely upset the mostly progressive circle-jerk that occurs on this thread. The idea of him being upset that there isn't spirited debate on this thread is one of the funniest, and most ironic, things I've ever seen.

Maybe he should start questioning why his progressive champions are falling to third and fourth in more and more polling including being behind a guy who had no name recognition coming into the race and whose only political experience was being the mayor of South Bend Indiana.

They are falling behind because the vast majority of voters are uninformed and Buttigieg filled the corporate donor vacuum that Bernie and Warren left open. Buttigieg made a smart play: when everyone is voluntarily giving up big money because it’s better for the country to do so, just zag instead of zigging with everyone else. Try to grab a sneaky win in IA or NH and then ride the momentum.

I was a huge fan of Buttigieg from an early stage. I have become sadder and sadder as he has morphed into a near-conservative Democrat, borderline Republican over the last few months. But unfortunately Americans are idiots and will vote against what could actually make our country better because it’s comfortable to not change things. I thought maybe Trump had finally knocked some sense into Democrats but clearly that’s not the case. I look forward to President Buttigieg making the Pikachu face in 18 months when a GOP Senate stonewalls even his conservative policy agenda.

ChrisL is not gonna be won over by progressive policy because he's too worried about his wealth being taxed. He's not "on my side." Instead of being all "kumbaya" with rich tax accountants who whine about big government, I'd rather build a coalition with traditionally disenfranchised people and working class people. There is plenty of progressive policy for Chris to read on his own.

Dude, most people aren't on "your side."

I’m sure that birdman and Tobacco Road will be along soon to condemn. Pretty gross post, my man.

Meanwhile in Iowa:

I look forward to Pete's plan for how to charge tuition to rich people that send their kids to public elementary and high school.

He really released this on Thanksgiving?

I grow tired of the passive aggressive BS you pull like labeling me a troll for posting on-topic posts about the candidates that just don't conform to the mostly boring conventional wisdom on this thread about who is the bestest between Warren and Sanders.

At some point, you would think the realization would hit that large parts or the electorate have problems with both candidates. "Elect-ability" is a nice way of saying that the progressive no-holds barred policies of certain candidates and their impact on the economy scare the hell out of large segments of the Democratic base. When Krugman had to come out and immediately defend how Warren planned to pay for M4A as "aspirationial" and "not really possible", that told you all you needed to know about that lead balloon.

Claims majority of Voters are uninformed and then turns around and clains that Buttigieg's policies are conservative. You can't make this stuff up.

Get out of the progressive bubble you exist in.

https://politico.com/2020-election/candidates-views-on-the-issues/pete-buttigieg/

This. Pete is a progressive. He’s always used broad rhetoric to draw a wide coalition to promote his progressive policies to people who may not otherwise support them. That rhetoric has skewed more conservative and I don’t like that but it’s obviously worked and it looks like he took support away from Warren among college educated white people.

He’s created a lane between Warren and Biden which is a nice sweet spot to capture a lot of people who could leave both camps including college educated and suburban whites and black voters.

I look forward to Pete's plan for how to charge tuition to rich people that send their kids to public elementary and high school.

He really released this on Thanksgiving?

Yes, he did. Progressive according to Ph.

I grow tired of the passive aggressive BS you pull like labeling me a troll for posting on-topic posts about the candidates that just don't conform to the mostly boring conventional wisdom on this thread about who is the bestest between Warren and Sanders.

At some point, you would think the realization would hit that large parts or the electorate have problems with both candidates. "Elect-ability" is a nice way of saying that the progressive no-holds barred policies of certain candidates and their impact on the economy scare the hell out of large segments of the Democratic base. When Krugman had to come out and immediately defend how Warren planned to pay for M4A as "aspirationial" and "not really possible", that told you all you needed to know about that lead balloon.

Was thanksgiving a progressive circle jerk in chez ChrisL?

This. Pete is a progressive. He’s always used broad rhetoric to draw a wide coalition to promote his progressive policies to people who may not otherwise support them. That rhetoric has skewed more conservative and I don’t like that but it’s obviously worked and it looks like he took support away from Warren among college educated white people.

He’s created a lane between Warren and Biden which is a nice sweet spot to capture a lot of people who could leave both camps including college educated and suburban whites and black voters.

If Pete is a progressive, then the word progressive doesn’t mean anything. There are important distinctions between progressive, liberal, and moderate wings of the Democratic Party. You can pretend like they’re all the same, but that doesn’t change the fact that they’re not.

If Pete is a progressive, then the word progressive doesn’t mean anything. There are important distinctions between progressive, liberal, and moderate wings of the Democratic Party. You can pretend like they’re all the same, but that doesn’t change the fact that they’re not.

Pete's policies are much closer to Warren or Sanders than they are to Biden, and certainly nowhere near a conservative dem moderate Pub.

If you were really concerned with intellectually honest debate, you would call out that nonsense as such.

Don't see many Pubs calling for a repeal of the Corporate Tax cuts and a top rate of 50% individual.

Back