• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

In 2020, policy is a distant second in importance. When I say distant, I mean like the distance between Earth and Pluto. Without beating Trump (and to a lesser extent winning the Senate), no policy stance is of consequence. Anything that can help Trump win has to be avoided.

If Trump wins again, the next 30-50 years will be horrifically impacted.

Those who know me know I've never tried to be "safe" in my life. If you millennials want to have anything you desire policy wise during your adult lives, all that matters is beating Trump next year. No stone should be left unturned. No person should be left at home who could vote against Trump.

This election is an existential threat to our country, to the security of the world and the health of the planet. It's not a time to whine and take your ball (and your vote) and go home.

You couldn’t be more wrong. Sanders is to my knowledge the only candidate who has called for abolishing ICE and a day 1 moratorium on deportations. That doesn’t matter to Latinx and other immigrant communities?

"Democrats" = candidates and leadership
"base" = people who vote Democrat

If you have something to say, just say it instead of making vague hints.

"Democrats" = candidates and leadership
"base" = people who vote Democrat

If you have something to say, just say it instead of making vague hints.

I don’t think we need much of an explanation why Bennett, Booker, or Klob or whoever isn’t performing stronger. There are four top candidates. Three were easily the biggest national names before the election began. Only one other candidate broke through and he was one of the least known people.

It’s not about why those candidates didn’t rise to the top. It’s why Pete did. Everybody else was pretty much doomed from the start by the size of the field and the length of the process.

I also think Democrats didn’t understand that although there is a huge desire to get rid of Trump and plenty of excitement after 2018, the base was also fatigued by politics and not eager to immediately jump into a long race. I think people just want to know who will face Trump but they aren’t trying to sift through 20+ candidates.

That this post is wrong and “Democrats” means the establishment/donor class and “the base” doesn’t mean all democratic voters but a subsection that want to get rid of Trump but don’t want to ban fracking or raise tax rates or provide healthcare to people.

Your post is a contradiction to what Taylor is saying, that policy differences matter to millions of working class voters.

You couldn’t be more wrong. Sanders is to my knowledge the only candidate who has called for abolishing ICE and a day 1 moratorium on deportations. That doesn’t matter to Latinx and other immigrant communities?

How ever we get the vote out as long as we get the vote out. People can't stay home or vote for a third party. Anyone who stays home or votes for a third party candidate is voting for Trump.

It doesn't matter who the Dem candidate is as long as that person wins. Whomever is the nominee needs 100% support of all. No whining, no crying, no attacks.

That this post is wrong and “Democrats” means the establishment/donor class and “the base” doesn’t mean all democratic voters but a subsection that want to get rid of Trump but don’t want to ban fracking or raise tax rates or provide healthcare to people.

Your post is a contradiction to what Taylor is saying, that policy differences matter to millions of working class voters.

What are you talking about? None of that has anything to do with my post.

You continue to assert, without evidence, and when it’s convenient for your candidate, that voters don’t care about wading through specifics. So what is Pete doing well that is separating himself from other candidates?

How ever we get the vote out as long as we get the vote out. People can't stay home or vote for a third party. Anyone who stays home or votes for a third party candidate is voting for Trump.

It doesn't matter who the Dem candidate is as long as that person wins. Whomever is the nominee needs 100% support of all. No whining, no crying, no attacks.

Im sure people that would still face deportation under a Biden presidency would agree.

You continue to assert, without evidence, and when it’s convenient for your candidate, that voters don’t care about wading through specifics. So what is Pete doing well that is separating himself from other candidates?

I've been posting about that for months. Do a search.

I'm not sure what your point is here. I said that I don't think it's fair to Bennett, Booker, Klob and others to bash them for not doing more in a crowded field and a long process. Only one person new to the spotlight rose to the top so it makes more sense to figure out what he did to get there. Do you disagree with that?

I don’t think we need much of an explanation why Bennett, Booker, or Klob or whoever isn’t performing stronger. There are four top candidates. Three were easily the biggest national names before the election began. Only one other candidate broke through and he was one of the least known people.

It’s not about why those candidates didn’t rise to the top. It’s why Pete did. Everybody else was pretty much doomed from the start by the size of the field and the length of the process.

I also think Democrats didn’t understand that although there is a huge desire to get rid of Trump and plenty of excitement after 2018, the base was also fatigued by politics and not eager to immediately jump into a long race. I think people just want to know who will face Trump but they aren’t trying to sift through 20+ candidates.

I do think it's funny that you chastise scooter in the CT for making bootstraps arguments while using them to prop up Pete in the Tunnels.

Last edited:
I've been posting about that for months. Do a search.

I'm not sure what your point is here. I said that I don't think it's fair to Bennett, Booker, Klob and others to bash them for not doing more in a crowded field and a long process. Only one person new to the spotlight rose to the top so it makes more sense to figure out what he did to get there. Do you disagree with that?

What did he do to get there?

I do think it's funny that you chastise scooter in the CT for making bootstraps arguments while using them to prop up Pete in the Tunnels.

I think it's weird to equate running for President to accumulating wealth.

You're trying to hard. A bootstrap argument would be if I said Bennett, Booker, Klob etc didn't work hard enough and that's why they didn't rise to the top. I didn't say that at all. Instead, I pointed out structural problems with the process and a political environment that favored the three candidates with the most name recognition going into the race and only left room for one new candidate.

I think it's weird to equate running for President to accumulating wealth.

You're trying to hard. A bootstrap argument would be if I said Bennett, Booker, Klob etc didn't work hard enough and that's why they didn't rise to the top. I didn't say that at all. Instead, I pointed out structural problems with the process that favored the three candidates with the most name recognition going into the race and only left room for one new candidate.

Pete was born on the third base of this primary, man. How are you the only person not to see this?

Speaking of odious, how about Lis Smith on Warren?

When you are a progressive you just have to go to Oxford, work at McKinsey and hire Lis Smith.

He's working harder than everybody else, not going out to eat, driving an old car, pinching pennies, investing in real estate, etc...

Pete was born on the third base of this primary, man. How are you the only person not to see this?

What? That's ridiculous. What on earth do you mean? Nobody knew about him at the beginning of the race.

It's clearly a smokescreen for her candidate's time at McKinsey. Lis is banking on the idea that Warren's people won't go nearly as hard punching down at Pete.

Back