• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I’m the one arguing policy matters. You seem to be all over the place as to when/if it matters.

So if it's about policy why are you demeaning Pete's background?

Here's the big policy question. If you think policy is the main factor in who supports who, explain how policy explains the current polling.

So if it's about policy why are you demeaning Pete's background?

Here's the big policy question. If you think policy is the main factor in who supports who, explain how policy explains the current polling.

K people under 35 like Bernie because he’s the only one taking seriously the existential threat climate change poses.

If people actually cared about climate jay Inslee would be in the running

well Inslee was pretty one-note

necessary, but not sufficient

but I do agree that he should have been taken more seriously given the urgency of the matter

Inslee also did an awful job about this at the debates. He answered “Trump” was the greatest threat to America’s safety. For a single issue guy he didn’t do a great job beating that drum. But the party and networks also gave the issue short shrift, relegating it to a town hall and then canceling it. Under 35 voters it’s issue 1A, 1B is guns.

Pete’s McKinsey client list has been out for over three hours and crickets on this board.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/12/pete-buttigieg-mckinsey/603421/

Doesn’t look like any heads will roll. This is a nothing burger.

“ The clients he named are Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Loblaws, Best Buy, the Natural Resources Defense Council, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Department of Energy, the Energy Foundation, the Department of Defense and the U.S. Postal Service.”

Gottem now!

All those non-profit environmental groups like a true conservative!

Pete’s McKinsey client list has been out for over three hours and crickets on this board.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/12/pete-buttigieg-mckinsey/603421/

Doesn’t look like any heads will roll. This is a nothing burger.

We've been posting about it for several days. Loblaw's was caught in a price fixing scam while he was there. BCBS cut a bunch of staff in Michigan. Standard management consulting unethical fare. I suspect if you want to see something you will and if you don't, you won't.

I'm sure the management consultants instructed the grocery store chain to engage in an illegal price-fixing scheme with a bread company

"I'm sure the management consultants instructed ICE to feed prisoners less."

I'll say I think he probably did way worse shit when with some of the govt agencies, but we'll never know! And to that end it has to be a nothing story for the vast majority of people, perhaps for good reason. McKinsey has a well-earned horrible reputation (I recommend either the Current Affairs or New Yorker pieces from last year). Whether that tarnishes in your mind Pete's reputation probably comes down to confirmation bias, I'm finding.

I think taken with his view of how to run a city, he's not the candidate for me:

EK-gZ1CXYAALhJA.png

I'll say I think he probably did way worse shit when with some of the govt agencies, but we'll never know!

Genuine question. Why would you assume he did bad, unethical shit absent any evidence?

Because that's essentially the remit of management consulting.

Back