• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Or an average Saturday night for Trump and Jeffrey Epstein.

bd0GO.gif

What is MHB's alternative? Sign every employee to a long term contract that pays them the entire value of the contract if they're fired?

What is MHB's alternative? Sign every employee to a long term contract that pays them the entire value of the contract if they're fired?

You are now successfully arguing both sides of the same issue. Mazel tov.

if there's one boogeyman Americans love more than the Welfare Queen it's the Unfire-able Union Worker

New York Communities for Change twitter feed was fun tonight.

New York Communities for Change twitter feed was fun tonight.

Last edited:

Did they try to schedule a meeting with Pete? He did a sit down with a guy who called him a “Lying MF.” Why did they think it was better to make a lot of noise and barge into someone’s home?

It’s pretty sick to turn the first openly gay candidate into some avatar for everything that sucks about white guys while we are running against actual white supremacists.

One of the main reasons we have Trump is Bernie supporters tying Hillary to Wall Street like she’s Republican lite. If enough people think four years of Trump is better than eight years of Pete, our democracy is doomed.

Did they try to schedule a meeting with Pete? He did a sit down with a guy who called him a “Lying MF.” Why did they think it was better to make a lot of noise and barge into someone’s home?

It’s pretty sick to turn the first openly gay candidate into some avatar for everything that sucks about white guys while we are running against actual white supremacists.

One of the main reasons we have Trump is Bernie supporters tying Hillary to Wall Street like she’s Republican lite. If enough people think four years of Trump is better than eight years of Pete, our democracy is doomed.

He called the guy who called him a lying mf.

I don’t know much about the interaction, but Pete isn’t doing himself any favors with this secretive fundraising shtick.

I don’t know what his sexual orientation has to do with the progressive backlash against his hard right turn. He’s going back on a lot of the promises that piqued folks’ interests in the first place.

When you sell your soul for campaign money, you lose respect from progressive activists. It’s not that hard to understand. The optics are particularly bad here, though, given the fact that this is a group (fka ACORN) that historically organizes around issues that affect poor communities of color in a city characterized by stunning levels of social inequality and racial segregation.

I’m sure we’ll read all about it tomorrow.

I'm kinda gobsmacked that any Democratic voter would want to think ill of any Democratic candidate. Job 1 people, get Trump out. Stay on task please

I'm kinda gobsmacked that any Democratic voter would want to think ill of any Democratic candidate. Job 1 people, get Trump out. Stay on task please

There’s a primary process that produces a nominee. Relax.

Also, Pete Buttigieg feels plenty ill about Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, and isn’t afraid to say so (through proxies, of course).

Did Pete reject a meeting with them? I fail to see how the optics look bad for Pete unless this is the result of him not meeting with them. Otherwise it doesn’t seem like they wanted to meet. They just wanted to shout at him.

What are these promises that he broke for campaign money?

Exactly.

There’s a primary process that produces a nominee. Relax.

Also, Pete Buttigieg feels plenty ill about Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, and isn’t afraid to say so (through proxies, of course).

At what cost, though? You obviously have animus towards Mayor Pete. If it bears out that he is the candidate most likely to defeat Trump, I don't care if he slaughters puppies in his basement and eats them for breakfast, you go vote for him. There's no room for ideological purity, or policy or anything else other than 'is this the mostly likely candidate to beat Trump'. Period, control-c, control-v eleventy billion times plus infinity. Period. Period. Period. Don't bother arguing the issues because it's irrelevant. I know that sucks, but we're past that point now. It's a singular motive now. Sorry.

Back