• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Republican messaging centers around lies and disinformation designed to generate fear and distrust. It travels faster and is more effective than truth. How do you combat that?

So I did a little research. Apparently this debate was supposed to be at UCLA but it was moved because of a labor dispute. So why is it still scheduled for LMU if there's a labor dispute there?

That's a total load of crap. You don't take anyone seriously or treat anyone who disagrees with any respect even when they post with respect if they don't genuflect about your candidates or policies.

Can't wait for your response to blame me or Chris or everyone else for making you mad and thus, no accountable. In over a decade, it's never your fault about anything.

Quoted for posterity

yang won't cross either

So I did a little research. Apparently this debate was supposed to be at UCLA but it was moved because of a labor dispute. So why is it still scheduled for LMU if there's a labor dispute there?

The union that asked the party to move the debate from the UC system has had a standing 3 year ban on political events being hosted there until management will come to the bargaining table. The labor dispute at LMU is striking food service employees, I believe.

Well we know how Pete feels about food service workers:

In April 2001, a student group called the Progressive Student Labor Movement took over the offices of the university’s president, demanding a living wage for Harvard janitors and food workers. That spring, a daily diversion on the way to class was to see which national figure—Cornel West or Ted Kennedy one day, John Kerry or Robert Reich another—had turned up in the Yard to encourage the protesters.

Striding past the protesters and the politicians addressing them, on my way to a “Pizza and Politics” session with a journalist like Matt Bai or a governor like Howard Dean, I did not guess that the students poised to have the greatest near-term impact were not the social justice warriors at the protests […] but a few mostly apolitical geeks who were quietly at work in Kirkland House [Zuckerberg et al.]

one might argue that the very existence of Bernard and your fervor for him confirms his remark

To be fair to Pete, and I think this is a crucial distinction, that quote suggests nothing about what he thinks of food service employees. It does suggest his disdain for political organizing, or specifically student organizing.

And that group...He also was going to learn from Howard Dean, who isn't exactly a Rwer.

a reasonable point but also you're an adult.

To be fair to Pete, and I think this is a crucial distinction, that quote suggests nothing about what he thinks of food service employees. It does suggest his disdain for political organizing, or specifically student organizing.

Is that from Pete's book?

Regardless, your post is a leap. It may be true, but in that passage Pete is saying Zuckerberg and other Harvard rich kids had a bigger impact than the protesters. I don't think that's a particularly crazy thing to say.

The DNC should just move the LMU debate if there's a labor issue. It shouldn't take candidates speaking up to make it happen.

Is that from Pete's book?

Regardless, your post is a leap. It may be true, but in that passage Pete is saying Zuckerberg and other Harvard rich kids had a bigger impact than the protesters. I don't think that's a particularly crazy thing to say.

The DNC should just move the LMU debate if there's a labor issue. It shouldn't take candidates speaking up to make it happen.

I think the signal is clear when he uses the language "social justice warriors."

Back