• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Is that from Pete's book?

Regardless, your post is a leap. It may be true, but in that passage Pete is saying Zuckerberg and other Harvard rich kids had a bigger impact than the protesters. I don't think that's a particularly crazy thing to say.

The DNC should just move the LMU debate if there's a labor issue. It shouldn't take candidates speaking up to make it happen.

already a bad look for the DNC but is it any surprise they're handling it poorly

The top profs in my department pull in 350+ in salary. I'm at a public school at a cash strapped university. Papa B probably did really well for himself.
Keep in mind that Notre Dame is a private university and a prestigious one at that. $100k is just above what new hires are getting in my department right now and I'm at a first tier public in a broke system.
This is....not typical. $350k? Wtf

Even if these numbers are accurate, you can't exactly equate LA and South Bend, Indiana

This is....not typical. $350k? Wtf

Even if these numbers are accurate, you can't exactly equate LA and South Bend, Indiana

I didn't claim they were typical. I said that 350k is what the top profs are making at a large prestigious state school. Private schools don't post their salary information, but top people in my field at private institutions make more than 350k. You can't equate LA and South Bend, but Notre Dame is a great school that has been a top institution for a century (if not more). Their profs get paid. Especially the guy who basically is responsible for importing Gramsci into American political philosophy.

All University of California system salaries are accessible here, in case you're interested in taking a look.

Damn, I just looked at Wisconsin salaries out of curiosity, and I guess should have been a professor (or a head football or basketball coach, or Barry Alvarez).

Damn, I just looked at Wisconsin salaries out of curiosity, and I guess should have been a professor (or a head football or basketball coach, or Barry Alvarez).

The problem is that there aren't that many tenure track jobs at institutions that pay this well. That said, it definitely pays well if you can get the gig.

Have you seen any articles that address the massive gaps in support for Biden among black activists and black voters overall?

I remember seeing one that basically suggested what you’ve been saying. He’s popular from Obama days and has a ton of name recognition. Also the “first mover” thing, where black voters tend to vote with the early crowd.

I am sorry to say, Strickland, that I have spent many hours on that and similar sites. Depressing reality

The Dems need to stand up and go after Trump and his cabal. Their cowardice thus far is playing into his hands.

They aren't bringing a knife to a gun fight. They are bringing a feather duster to a nuclear attack.

Last edited:
If Trump loses, he knows the State of NY and the FBI will have open season on him.

Back