• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I think Biden and Sanders are running a two man race at this point. I'm still a big Warren fan, but she hasn't gained any lost traction since the last debate.

This is false based on the most recent polls. Warren has bounced back almost 2.5 points since that debate. Sanders has also seen a bump of about the same size, while Buttigieg has fallen about the same amount and Biden has remained steady. Two polls in the RCP average over the last 2 weeks have Warren running second and the average has her around 3 points back of Sanders. So in no way is this all of a sudden a two man race by any means.

Remember when media used to care about suburban soccer moms before they started leaning Dem?

They just keep going deeper and deeper into the GOP base to find "swing voters."

This is false based on the most recent polls. Warren has bounced back almost 2.5 points since that debate. Sanders has also seen a bump of about the same size, while Buttigieg has fallen about the same amount and Biden has remained steady. Two polls in the RCP average over the last 2 weeks have Warren running second and the average has her around 3 points back of Sanders. So in no way is this all of a sudden a two man race by any means.

I hope that you're right, but I just have a feeling that Warren isn't going to do well in the first few primaries and may see the writing on the wall... Are the IA/NH/SC polls different at all?

It's hard to make predictions after the last three Quinnipiac polls were very different from each other. Who knows how much can change in the next few months?

It's hard to make predictions after the last three Quinnipiac polls were very different from each other. Who knows how much can change in the next few months?

Yeah, is it just me or does the polling methodology they're using seem much looser this time around. The margin of error on some of these polls is nuts.

I hope that you're right, but I just have a feeling that Warren isn't going to do well in the first few primaries and may see the writing on the wall... Are the IA/NH/SC polls different at all?

IA: Emerson has Biden 23, Sanders 22, Pete 18, Warren 12; Des Moines Register Nov had Pete 25, Warren 16, Biden 15, Sanders 15

NH: MassInc has Pete 18, Biden 17, Sanders 15, Warren 12; Emerson Nov had Sanders 26, Pete 22, Biden 14, Warren 14

SC: not a ton of great polling in SC yet, best recent poll was Quinnipiac mid Nov with Biden 33, Warren 13, Sanders 11, Pete 6; most recent poll has a bad grade but it has Biden 27, Sanders 20, Warren 19, Pete 9

Y’all see those eyes wide shut ass Petebutt fundraiser pics

Joe Biden is losing it. He is crumbling before our eyes. His debates are painful.

If you send Bernie a check for $2,800 he sends you a refund for $2,782.

#facts

This is the Sanders campaign's response, fwiw:

[Name] -

Last weekend, Pete Buttigieg held a fundraiser at a wine cave.

[Image of Pete Buttigieg's wine cave fundraiser]

Now, I am not entirely sure what happens when people pay huge sums of money to have dinner with a candidate at a wine cave with “1,500 Swarovski crystals,” but I would guess they are not talking about standing up to the greed of the billionaire class of this country.

Needless to say, we will never have a fundraiser at a wine cave. But we do need your help to fight back against the wine cave money flooding into this race to stop us. So we’re asking:

Can you make a $2.70 contribution to our campaign to help us win Iowa and as a way of saying you have had ENOUGH of the billionaire class buying our candidates and elections?

I count at least 34 seats at that table. If each person maxed out, that’d be around $100,000. Let’s see if we can match that in response to this email.

All my best,

Faiz Shakir
Campaign Manager

This is the future of politics. Closed door fundraisers where candidates assure millionaires and billionaires that their investments will be all right are not.

Disappointed in the lack of masks. What kind of secret society is this?

Disappointed in the lack of masks. What kind of secret society is this?

Nekkedness too. That's the least "eyes wide shut" party that's ever been called an eyes wide shut party.

Townie must have seen a different cut of the film.

So what do reporters want to see and hear besides Pete talking?

These are people giving $2800, that’s the legal amount. What venue would have been appropriate for people to legally donating to his campaign?

Last edited:
This is the Sanders campaign's response, fwiw:

This is the future of politics. Closed door fundraisers where candidates assure millionaires and billionaires that their investments will be all right are not.

Future of politics? It’s the past and present of politics. When have closed door fundraisers not been the norm? Good for the political 1%ers who can raise funds without lifting a finger but the little guy has to go out and raise money. Maybe his next campaign won’t have to rely on traditional methods.

Back