• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

You should check out Knock Down the House on Netflix. There are alternative models. Pete just isn't interested in them.

Which presidential candidates are profiled?

Which presidential candidates are profiled?

Oh, we're playing that game are we? Alternative funding models exist. Your dude has chosen to take another path. That's fine, but let's call it what it is.

What does it mean to be a political 1%er? I like how you framed it like he's just out-working everyone.

What does it mean to be a political 1%er? I like how you framed it like he's just out-working everyone.

It's the narrative that Ph was criticizing scooter for using on the CT a few weeks ago. Every white man in power has outworked everybody else to get there...

What on earth are you two talking about?

Bernie has been in Congress for almost 30 years, ran for President four years ago, and he’s been developing a national fundraising infrastructure for at least five years and he has money left over from his Senate campaign. That’s a 1%er.

Pete is a small city mayor trying to build a movement from scratch. He’s the little guy. He’s the little engine that could.

It’s convoluted to portray Pete as some political powerhouse and Bernie as little guy.

It’s too bad he was forced to run with such little experience or name recognition.

It’s too bad he was forced to run with such little experience or name recognition.

That’s an elitist statement. Only the established politicians should run?

Criticizing politician for wine cave Silicon Valley fundraiser = elitist.

Holding wine cave Silicon Valley fundraiser = progressive!

Im not saying only establishment candidates should run. But you keep lamenting that Pete has to do xyz because of certain factors. Those are his own doing.

Ph, who is portraying Bernie as the little guy?

I'm criticizing your use of defenses that you criticized another poster for using on another thread. Your claim that Pete is the exception to the white privilege rule is pretty funny to read in that light. He's the one white man who didn't benefit from white male privilege; he just worked harder than all of the POC and white female candidates in the race. Am I getting your point right?

Likewise, you post a ton on "F is for Fascism" and Pete has a miserable record of police/civilian oversight.

I mean, at this point, I think we understand each other's positions and will just have to agree to disagree, but it's been wild to watch these parallels in action.

What on earth are you two talking about?

Bernie has been in Congress for almost 30 years, ran for President four years ago, and he’s been developing a national fundraising infrastructure for at least five years and he has money left over from his Senate campaign. That’s a 1%er.

Pete is a small city mayor trying to build a movement from scratch. He’s the little guy. He’s the little engine that could.

It’s convoluted to portray Pete as some political powerhouse and Bernie as little guy.

I’m certainly not doing that. The optics of this are what Pete has to deal with because if he’s soliciting max donations at high end events it suggests that’s the class of people whose votes he wants and whose interests he’ll necessarily represent. Maybe it is a reality that he needs big dollars to stay in it and can’t afford the grassroots approach. This is the scrutiny that will come from it. It’s pretty tame, I’d say.

I’m certainly not doing that. The optics of this are what Pete has to deal with because if he’s soliciting max donations at high end events it suggests that’s the class of people whose votes he wants and whose interests he’ll necessarily represent. Maybe it is a reality that he needs big dollars to stay in it and can’t afford the grassroots approach. This is the scrutiny that will come from it. It’s pretty tame, I’d say.

Nobody is doing that. Ph is either trolling or deep down he agrees with the criticism and just doesn't want to admit it. Whenever dudes on here get sensitive, they go after Bernard Sanders.

Man, you’re making things up. You can go back to what I actually said. I said that explanations that Pete rose to the top just because he’s a white guy fall flat because plenty of white guys barely registered in this race including Beto who had way more exposure. I didn’t say he was some exception.

And I said he hustled to get his name out there and he moved up in the polls ahead of more established names of all backgrounds.

And I said the DNC needs to figure out why only one candidate broke through into a top tier despite giving them plenty of opportunity for exposure.

You can look this stuff up.

Pete’s holding all different kinds of fundraisers. I don’t know where you got the idea that he’s only holding high dollar events. And even so, it’s the max donation, not dark money or some other post-Citizens United stuff.

The horrible record on policing is just punishing him for being a mayor. I’ve covered that. Knocking him because he inherited a shitstorm and South Bend Black people don’t want to be cops and that thing that happens too damn much happened in his city too is ridiculous. You’re making an inherent argument that policing is only a city problem and not a much much bigger problem.

That's a list of people who have helped raise over $25K, not people who have donated $25K.

Back