• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Actually the last two I mentioned are more likely to support Biden than Bernie.

Also, people like me canvass and phone bank for whoever ends up with a D next to their name on the ballot, so I think you're a bit off there.

Even though you are new here FDDeacon you should have known he phone banks and canvasses, it’s mentioned daily so pay attention.

Well shit Ph is this guy

a82bf08d3368ef666d04167034d3526f.jpg

I know that you like to "own the progs" and generally disagree with everything that I say, but would you pick Harris over Adams because she's more photogenic? Do you think that's a good way to pick between those two candidates?

I know that most people are sexist pigs. Rather than going with "that's just life," you may want to consider bmoney's "it's bullshit"-qualifier.

Because I make a general comment about the electorate as a whole, doesn't mean that I personally think that attractiveness is legitimate factor in picking a candidate.

I do think that chalking it up to everybody being a sexist pig is a very narrow understanding of the dynamic that is going on here. People are subconsciously drawn to people whose faces are more symmetrical (and are thus more photogenic). This would include men to men and females to females as well. And elections are popularity contests/sales pitches to some degree.

Thanks for telling me how I should phrase my comment. I will give that the consideration that I think it deserves.

Last edited:
Because I make a general comment about the electorate as a whole, doesn't mean that I personally think that attractiveness is legitimate factor in picking a candidate.

I do think that chalking it up to everybody being a sexist pig is a very narrow understanding of the dynamic that is going on here. People are subconsciously drawn to people whose faces are more symmetrical (and are thus more photogenic). This would include men to men and females to females as well. And elections are popularity contests/sales pitches to some degree.

Thanks for telling me how I should phrase my comment. I will give that the consideration that I think it deserves.

Ah, yes. The “people say” defense. Just own it if you believe it, man.

I didn’t realize that all Democrats needed were symmetrically faced candidates.

Again, y’all: why trump won and probably will win again.

Ah, yes. The “people say” defense. Just own it if you believe it, man.

I didn’t realize that all Democrats needed were symmetrically faced candidates.

Again, y’all: why trump won and probably will win again.
I supported hillary clinton and support Biden. Neither are known as overly photogenic. You really are an insufferable twit.

I'm sorry that you can't accept the fact that being more attractive all things being equal is an advantage for a political candidate. Apparently truths about humanity said by others is more then your feeble mind can handle.

Last edited:
Pete saying big structural policies are being put forward to "antagonize" Americans

Also went real hard after M4A saying that’s “Washington thinking”

And went entirely off the rails in a question about Israeli settlements. He’s tacking more center than Biden tonight.

These debates are so much more watchable when the moderators aren't trying to push the candidates into fights with one another.

Think it’d mean more if Warren wasn’t proposing a wealth tax and Pete didn’t want Goldman in his admin but go off Mayo

I know, and I’ve softened on Pete and his corporatist pivot. Just thought it was a good line.

Firmly back on the #BernieBro train but Im down with him or Warren.

Also let’s set a timer for 30 years from now and check in on Pete’s net worth

Glad this one has been worth watching at least

Would like Yang to hang around as he presents a unique perspective but Klobuchar and Steyer can go.

Think it’d mean more if Warren wasn’t proposing a wealth tax and Pete didn’t want Goldman in his admin but go off Mayo

Except Warren isn't worth anywhere near $50M. It won't touch a penny of her money.

Back